Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After The Reset

Default After The Reset

This reset thing is sure a big step for the game. First thing I and probably most of the users wonder would be how this will work exactly. We know that the resources/cities/armies will be reset. What about aliiances? What about home-bases?

I also wanted to form one thread for all the ideas/requests/demands about the "after-reset" game playing.

- Safe spots: I really think we should have those. Application: No attack in home-bases.

- Nuke shields: I am against Nukes and so no need for shields. I say "remove the nukes entirely"

- Selling armies/Transferring Geos: We haven't seen the first one but we all experienced the secound one. They work exactly the same way. Those provide Geos instantly which is no good. As in, "I need help. Send me Geos!" and then... Whoooop! Geos sent to the owner of a city which is in the other end of the world! I say: "If you have to stand for each other, do it by sending your armies"

- Resources: Users can be divided into two as "More Time Spenders" and "Less Time Spenders". We can also divide the users like "Jewel Hunting Lovers" and "Jewel Hunting Haters". I am one of the "More Time Spenders" which hates to hunt jewels! What I want to say is "Reward the users that has more time to play but do not let to form huge differences between the ones that hasn't got the time" I actually found a furmula which will make all of us happy. *Remove the Jewel Hunting* Instead, we can get "passive income" causing equality and importance for the role of strategy. For the "More Time Spenders" well/mine/field quotas can be reduced to 1-10 hours(not sure of the number) and last for shorter times. This way, everybody wins. Spend more time and get resources bu planting. Jewel hunting is an unlimited source and takes the fairness of the game away! If there is no way you remove it, then you should make it like 0.01Geos/Jewels. There are people(Yes, I am talking about you :P ) that love hunting jewels for what reason I don't know!! (Grrr...)
    Anyhow, *Jewel Hunting* mustn't be a noteworthy way of income. Planting must be encouraged and rewarded more. Earning Geos by capturing(not occupy) cities and holding them(increasing earning) would also be nice.

- MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS: This one is the greatest issue! I did this. You did this! Others did this. If this thing can't be stopped, there is no fun for us...

So, this is all from me.

Enjoy...

Default nice....

I agree.... almost in all....

Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    Anyhow, *Jewel Hunting* mustn't be a noteworthy way of income. Planting must be encouraged and rewarded more. Earning Geos by capturing(not occupy) cities and holding them(increasing earning) would also be nice.

- MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS: This one is the greatest issue! I did this. You did this! Others did this. If this thing can't be stopped, there is no fun for us...
    Some good ideas, but I don't think Jewel Hunting will be going away. Maybe tweaked some, but probably not going away. Jewel hunting was devised as a way for the new players to get started and for the existing players to rebuild after massive losses. Without jewel hunting, how can a new player build up the geos to build resources or to build up an army that can take control of a city and then earn tax revenue?? I like the idea of having to rely on more passive income, but there has to be an active way to earn income that can be used to fund the more passive ways.

As far as multiple accounts, that's a toughie. It's been discussed to death on the boards and there seems to be no sure fire way to eliminate it. I'm sure Mickey is doing the best he can to eliminate the abusers and cheaters.
    Last edited by Beezer; 10-13-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Nukes should stay...just with some big time alterations.

First off, I'm for a time limit on purchasing nukes. One nuke every week, or month?

Second, I really like the idea of nuke shields being weakened by nukes, and eventually being destroyed by multiple nukes. Otherwise, we might as well not have nukes since 250 geos isn't too hard to come by these days.

Third, make the nukes ridiculously expensive. 500 geos? Easy to come by. I really think it should be much harder to come by nukes.

Alternatively, you could require x amount of time on the game, or experience to be able to get a nuke. Having to own two cities is good, but we need even more.

Finally, it comes down to that nukes need to be almost unstoppable, but almost impossible to come by, or so destructive that they're just not worth it. Maybe you could accomplish this by using birq's idea of greatly decreased city values after a nuking. Also, maybe the city should be radioactive for several weeks, so that it really takes it out of the game for awhile.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Thumbs down

Jewel hunting is simply retarded. None of the large games do that nonsense. Yes you can mine, yes you can do other types of income things but there's no "you must do X to survive the first several days". The BIG games out there like this one have none of this. You get income from cities and such, period. When you have no income, you're dead and start over.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Default No Jewels!...

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Without jewel hunting, how can a new player build up the geos to build resources or to build up an army that can take control of a city and then earn tax revenue??
    !! I have already wrote that down! Go, check again... Wait, here:

Well/mine/field quotas can be reduced to 1-10 hours(not sure of the number) and last for shorter times. This way, everybody wins. Spend more time and get resources by planting.
    No jewels. Why? Because it has no limits! It reduces the fairness ridiculously...
    To make Geos, plant “Geo Makers” meaning wells/mines/fields and etc...
    How? By using the brand new "passive income" which is not too much yet enough...

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    Jewel hunting is simply retarded. None of the large games do that nonsense.
    Thank you!

No jewels. Why? Because it has no limits! It reduces the fairness ridiculously...
    Where do I get the geos to pay for planting the geo makers??

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Where do I get the geos to pay for planting the geo makers??
    How? By using the brand new "passive income" which is not too much yet enough...

By using the brand new "passive income" which is not too much yet enough...

??

Edit: And right now they start with ~200Geos. Modifications with those numbers and the planting system can easily end this jewel hunting nonsense...

Again, you may be thinking with creativity and good intent but Jewel Hunting is not the way. Believe me!...
    Last edited by War_Peace; 10-13-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Jewel hunting has already been made virtually worthless to more established players. Based on a combination of factors, your personal exchange rate for jewels fluctuates. For example, last I checked, for every jewel that I converted, I would get 0.00 geos. A player who started the game today would see an exchange rate at 2.00 geos per jewel, since they are just starting out. Eventually, it gets to the point of diminishing returns, where jewel hunting is no longer useful to you, even if you are scripting (which there shouldn't be anymore of ).

Edit: And right now they start with ~200Geos. Modifications with those numbers and the planting system can easily end this jewel hunting nonsense...
    That could work. Start everyone out with more geos and make the turn around time on resources quicker and the yield higher. Not a bad idea.

But of course multiple accounts should be prevented precisely!....

The plan is to reset everything. When you land on the war page, you'll get the "you do not have an account - click here to set it up" screen. Of course, you'll still have your forum membership, so it'll be a one-click account creation.

But of course multiple accounts should be prevented precisely!....
    And that's the issue. While we will fight hard to prevent multiple accounts, I'm not foolish enough to believe that we can completely stop them. However, if we got rid of jewel hunting and simply gave more upfront cash to new users, that would encourage people to create more accounts so they could keep getting that "new player bonus" money.

The nuke question is an interesting one and I would like to add my two cents. While this is a little tricky I think it would be fair. For one nukes cost a minumum amount. Something like 500. But to compensate to players who adventually get to thousands and thousands of geos I think that the value of the nukes should then become a the 500 minumum plus a percentage of how much money they have.

Examples:
    If you only have 500 geos then you can buy a nuke for 500.
    If you have 1000 geos then you can buy a nuke for 500.
    Then at some amount you add the percentage.
    If you have a riduculous amount of money like 10,000 then a nuke should cost 500 + some percentage of 10,000. if the percentage was 10% then a nuke would cost 500 + 1,000 or 1,500.

I also feel that nukes like armys should have a fee for owning them just like armies. I feel this should be a percentage of your current geo amount. I think it should cost you a minumum amount (20 geos) plus 1% of your geo total each day.

Now the nuke sheilds. I agree that sheilds should also have a daily cost just like armies and I feel that they should be similar to my suggestion on nukes and make it a percentage of you geos plus a minumum amount (40 geos). Something like 2%. It needs to be enough so that users that have them have to actually play and not sit around doing nothing. I think this would encourage players to play.

But I feel that to implement this there would need to be a way to sell them back for geos.

Jewel hunting is boring, and now that nobody can use a script anymore, it's even worse...but thats the idea. You have to work for it.
    And it's not unlimited anymore...been playing lately? You can't go far.
    WOuldn't the game be a drag if you could just buy 2 or 3 mines a day, and would have to wait for days to be able to do something????

The problem is the starting money...perhaps that should go away?
    ooooohhh pissed a lot of people off with that remark.
    But everyone can fake an IP and create an account...and then use the startup money.

This would be stopped by eliminating the bank, but the bank is a great feature.
    I know War_Peace doesn't like it but he's never been in an alliance.
    If you want to help others in an alliance, the bank is really needed.
    And the starting point for an economy.

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

How about you make the bank like a delayed return account.

you can send money but then it takes say 2 hours to get there. This would prevent someone who is being attacked asking for a quick geo boost to retain the city and would give nebies a chance of beating the bigger players (who would then go back and kick their asses). The only problem here being that it isn't realistic which is what I believe Mickey is trying to acheive with the game but at least people would have to actually fight.

Also how about a maximum army population depending on the size of the city? Its silly to be able to have hundreds of thousands of troops in say Cork in Ireland as the city just wouldn't be able to support that kind of an army., for a base dwelling army you could have say 50% of the population of a city in there at any one time. This also helps newbies as they could plan to make sure they had a chance of taking said cities. This is also more realistic that having the ability ot have 1000000 troops in a tiny tiny town.

How about the newbie money you get can only be used to set up mines and buy armies/troops and not be transferred, also you only get to use the banking feature once your Jewel/Geo ration drops below a certain rate (1.0 per jewel?) as that would ensure the new account has to be used to play the game before any geos could be transferred and also ensures that the new player money cannot be used as a simple geo booster.

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySquigglies
    How about you make the bank like a delayed return account.

you can send money but then it takes say 2 hours to get there. This would prevent someone who is being attacked asking for a quick geo boost to retain the city and would give nebies a chance of beating the bigger players (who would then go back and kick their asses).
    HAHAHAHA. Now that is funny LOL.
    The only problem here being that it isn't realistic which is what I believe Mickey is trying to acheive with the game but at least people would have to actually fight.

Also how about a maximum army population depending on the size of the city? Its silly to be able to have hundreds of thousands of troops in say Cork in Ireland as the city just wouldn't be able to support that kind of an army., for a base dwelling army you could have say 50% of the population of a city in there at any one time. This also helps newbies as they could plan to make sure they had a chance of taking said cities. This is also more realistic that having the ability ot have 1000000 troops in a tiny tiny town.
    Thanks to the army upkeep costs and getting geo's for city value, this is allready done...it would cost you a lot of money to have hundreds of thousands of troops in a small city.

How about the newbie money you get can only be used to set up mines and buy armies/troops and not be transferred, also you only get to use the banking feature once your Jewel/Geo ration drops below a certain rate (1.0 per jewel?) as that would ensure the new account has to be used to play the game before any geos could be transferred and also ensures that the new player money cannot be used as a simple geo booster.
    I like that idea. Everyone is looking for an idea to stop people taking advantage of the multiple accounts...i think something like this needs to be done before the reset...otherwise those with proxies or anything will have an enormous advantage.