Thread: Losing troops if you can't afford the upkeep

Default Losing troops if you can't afford the upkeep

During the routine 5 minute update script, it will check for armies that have owners with negative Geos. This is ON HAND Geos. If you have Geos in the bank, you'd better take some out if you're running low.

Every army owned by that player will lose 0.5% of their troops (rounded up) on each update. This means if you have 200 troops, you'll lose 1. If you have 100 troops, you'll lose 1/2 a troop which gets rounded up to one full troop. Basically, you'll lose at least one troop every five minutes. However, your army won't die, mostly because I haven't coded that yet. It will get down to one troop left in it and it should hold there.

If someone reading this has negative Geos and some armies, watch the numbers and see if it seems to be working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    This is ON HAND Geos. If you have Geos in the bank, you'd better take some out if you're running low.
    Oh yeah, I've been meaning to bring this up. Why don't funds draw directly from the bank if your amount on hand isn't enough? It would make sense, if you go to make an oil well and only have 5 Geos on hand, for the reamining amount to be pulled from your bank account.

Can you have it check total available funds and not just ON HAND funds? I like to keep all my money in the bank for interest.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    Can you have it check total available funds and not just ON HAND funds? I like to keep all my money in the bank for interest.
    Maybe. I kind of like the money management issues that this creates, though.