Thread: Lots of back-end changes

Default Lots of back-end changes

I'm rewriting a bunch of the code to help speed things up. This shouldn't change anything functionally, but may create some new bugs (due to my typos). If you see any script errors or anything, please post in here and let me know.

i dunno if it is code related, but the convert cotton no cotton to convert thingy needs an extra space

it looks like:

Cotton

At the current exchange rate, 1 pound of cotton will earn you 0.12 Geos.

You currently have 0.00 pounds of cotton available to convert.
    Sorry, you need to plant more cotton before it can be converted into Geos.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    dont you need an extra space between the 0.00 pounds line and the
    sorry, bla bla bal line?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepenguin
    i dunno if it is code related, but the convert cotton no cotton to convert thingy needs an extra space
    Not related, but fixed.

Back on topic, the updates are pretty much done. I had written a giant script that recalculated everything (your stats, the city stats, alliance stats, etc) that I ran every time something major was done (attack, purchase, etc). In addition, I had that script run automatically every five minutes just to make sure everything was good to go.

I've now gone through and broken that script down into a handful of functions, and only call the necessary functions after a major event. I even added a few new ones in there to try to keep the alliances completely up to date.

I also kept the huge "recalculate everything" script set to run every five minutes, just to fill in anything I missed with the functions. However, since this script isn't running constantly, you should never get those huge lags when you're buying armies and stuff.

Like I said in the first post of this thread, watch for bugs or error messages and let me know.

Thanks!

I'm working on more big back-end changes. I'm trying to get every script to update exactly what it needs so that I only need to run the big stat update once an hour, and even at that it should be pretty useless since everything should be staying up-to-date.

Let me know if you see anything strange, like oil not coming into your account or anything.