Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requirements to use the bank

Default Requirements to use the bank

Our buddy "zionpc" had set up a bunch of fake accounts and transferred the initial money (60 or so Geos) to his account. This added up quite nicely for him. (on a side note - his armies all have one troop, so feel free to attack him ).

I've implemented a few things to combat this, but I think that making a person "play" for a while before they can give money to someone else would be a good idea. What would that consist of, though?

- Set up a home base.
    - Buy armies?
    - Wait a week?
    - Other ideas?

A week would already be good.
    Also a minimum of armies? Say 1000 troops?

Waiting a week is a reasonable idea, but it's a bit restrictive on free play. Perhaps the requirement should be spending the initial money? For example, you can trade money after you've spent the original 50 geos OR [other condition such as 1 week play]?

Just an idea, maybe someone else can alter it or contribute.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Perhaps the requirement should be spending the initial money?
    I've thought about that as well. I'll have to tweak a number of pages so I keep track of that, but it might be our best bet.

Maybe a better way would be to allow depositing in the bank, but not allowing money-transfers if certain requirements aren't met. I mean, why would a n00b want to give away all his starting cash? So, giving him the bank use and interest but denying transfers makes it a win-win situation.
    For example, he must wait a week, have one army and several resources before allowing him to deposit in other accounts.
    Whaddya think?
    Last edited by His Lord Uberdude; 10-17-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

I think restricting it to having completed building 1 resource (well/field/mine) and at least one army would be suffice. That would get rid of the starting money anyway without the need for all that editing

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    So, giving him the bank use and interest but denying transfers makes it a win-win situation.
    Agreed.

I think restricting it to having completed building 1 resource (well/field/mine) and at least one army would be suffice. That would get rid of the starting money anyway without the need for all that editing.
    Excellent points.

could still profit of the mines though. the "main" account of that fake account i mean.

And could just transfer his geo's there and keep jewel hunting on a high rate.. But those things would be hard to stop i think.

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

hmmm this is very difficult to stop as if you crack down too much you could be preventing legitimate transactions.

How about limiting transactions between players to x number a day/week

I dont see any reason why you need to be able to send money lots of times a day when it should really be for helping out a noob/an ally in trouble.

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

i say make all transfers outside alliances public.

the players will keep an eye out, this will lighten mickey's load.

Hmmmm i don't know.
    We were all funding one guy who was attacking others...but to do that we constantly needed to transfer money as soon as we had it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySquigglies

How about limiting transactions between players to x number a day/week
    Bingo.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

i really think transaction between alliance mates should be free and easy

the 10 minutes is already annoying the hell out of me (getting it out of the bank, and then sending it away, 10 minutes wait).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    could still profit of the mines though. the "main" account of that fake account i mean.
    Yes, but we're quickly getting into more work for the cheater.

Right now, you can create a new account, transfer the funds, done.

With these changes, you'll need to create the account, set-up a home base, buy an army, set-up a well/mine/whatever, then you can transfer your remaining Geos and any future ones.

As was said, it won't stop anything, but it should be somewhat of a deterrant.

Also, I set the forums up so that it does e-mail verification before you can finish registering. Again, this won't stop people from cheating, but it'll make it just a smidge more difficult.