Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requirements to use the bank

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Also, I set the forums up so that it does e-mail verification before you can finish registering. Again, this won't stop people from cheating, but it'll make it just a smidge more difficult.
    I like that idea cause they'd also have to set up email accounts as you could prevent duplicates.

I dont think this problem would ever go away (at least until you have to pay to play) but at least its making it a lot harder, some would say not even worth the effort.

What we need is a point at where its just easier to collect jewels at a really low exchange rate than create a new account and I think putting all these suggestions together comes close to acheiving that.

You can't just transfer money right away
    have to set up a unique mail account for new GEW account
    have to set up a home base, resource and army
    have to wait until said resource is actually worth some money before transferring.

I'm liking it

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

the email will help, setting up a new account is a pain.

in the days i could still jewel, getting 60 geo's would be faster by jewelling than by making a false email account.

what newbie would transfer money without ever engaging in combat (unless threatened)? Keep them jumping through rings I say.

They need to register, which should be made more painful, they need to have built a mine/well/field, they need to have built an army and launched an attack, then they are qualified for transfers.

Now once all that is done, they can exploit the advantages.....

1 transfer per day is not too much of a burden as you could leave w/m/fs for the day, jewel hunt for as long as you can stand it and tranfer, then do it all again tomorrow...

Surely though, a script can bring up some abnormal patterns of use on an account, - very active (time logged on) and yet 1 army that has never moved. An account daily getting stripped bare (or nearly bare)

Not much to add, but thought I'd help chew the fat

Blitzkriegmj

and post from Mickey like ... oh lookie .. I found a cheat... oh feel free to attack all his 1 man army is really cool !!
    oh and his other ids are blah blah blah... and so on and so forth...

We got a good list of ideas going... can't really add but regular post like that is going to make any cheaters loooking over their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Yes, but we're quickly getting into more work for the cheater.
    Require a phone call, and the person answering the modem must punch DTMF corresponding to a captcha code concurrently accessible via the web.

Hey! Do this for jewel hunting too! ;-)

right, or they must say some long alfabetic code in military jargon really quickly, while beatboxing, and with alternating voices every letter, over the phone.

see someone script that.

how about them sending a finger through the post for fingerprint ID or would that just lead to some of the more twisted cheaters hacking fingers off randomers as they are out shopping/at a bar?

I don't like the idea of having a requirement of cities and armies in order to use the bank. When you are a new player it can be hard to hold those items (especially cities). I like to build up an income using various resources and the bank before I make any moves.
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

Aodhan; You would still be able to use the bank, you just wouldnt be able to send funds anywhere without fullfilling certain criteria (which may or may not be locked to purchaces, owned cities/resources)

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Aodhan; You would still be able to use the bank, you just wouldnt be able to send funds anywhere without fullfilling certain criteria (which may or may not be locked to purchaces, owned cities/resources)

T.
    Exactly! Only the deposits to other players would be locked out not the bank feature entirely.

A script could be written to do nothing but log in, set a base, buy a well/cotton/diamond, buy an army, whatever... though the diamond, cotton, oil thing would be a beatch since you can hardly ever find a spot for one.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

In theory you could just hack the server and edit the database tables but you'd have to be really good at hacking, really sad to want to and even more sad to not say anything about how you did it to help Mickey.

On a side note I have invited one of my friends to the game who is an EXTREMELY good hacker to see if he can find any holes. He will not be active in the game and will not be helping out me or my alliance but I thought I should let you all know (especially Mickey) in case it seems we are friendly on here when he signs up

Username forthcoming if he gets round to signing up.