Thread: Oil, Cotton and Diamond rates changed - and fixed

Default Oil, Cotton and Diamond rates changed - and fixed

The rates for the main three resources have all been tweaked. I've made them last a few days less, but raised the minimum and maximum output per day.

Also, I fixed the exchange rates so they're static. Making them dynamic based on the amount of the resource being gathered wasn't working too well. I really need to make them dynamic based on how much of a given resource has been exchanged in the last xx hours, but that'll have to come later.

At the present time, here are the exchange rates:

Oil - 0.1
    Cotton - 0.15
    Diamonds - 0.15

This makes it so that the very worst case scenario on each one will still earn you a net of 10 Geos (60 income - 50 to set it up). The best case on each one will be around 10 times as much (600ish).

you just had to decrease the worth of oil didnt you.

and raise that of cotton weeks to late!

Unhappy

Noooooooooo!!! Now I don't make as much money! Life is so cruel...

Quote Originally Posted by Blooper4912
    Noooooooooo!!! Now I don't make as much money! Life is so cruel...
    Some of the rates dropped a bit, but that's because new wells/mines/whatever will generate more of that resource. This hurts people that currently have that given resource, but it'll go away soon anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Some of the rates dropped a bit, but that's because new wells/mines/whatever will generate more of that resource. This hurts people that currently have that given resource, but it'll go away soon anyhow.
    I see...

Can you tweak the buying delay back to 24hrs please? Some people who only come on once a day would end up having to wait 2 days between planting mines.... Or you plant at one 1pm and next time you can plant is 1am a day and a half later.

24hr please? Cherry?

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkriegmj
    Can you tweak the buying delay back to 24hrs please? Some people who only come on once a day would end up having to wait 2 days between planting mines.... Or you plant at one 1pm and next time you can plant is 1am a day and a half later.

24hr please? Cherry?
    Not right now, sorry. A big reason is to keep the total number of wells/mines/fields lower so that people can always find room. I have other thoughts in mind for long-term, but this will help for now.

acknowledged (trying not to sound like a pain)

I appreciate the work you do - really I do

I ask, you answer, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Not right now, sorry. A big reason is to keep the total number of wells/mines/fields lower so that people can always find room. I have other thoughts in mind for long-term, but this will help for now.
    mickey, 35 hours then? currently its shifting 10 mins forward everytime, and i only have a short window in the morning , this way we could keep it a set time.