Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big new jewel changes

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    The only thing is, there's no defined "end" to the game. No winner. There should be some type of ending point or goal in mind to close and reset the game.
    I look at it like the #1 ranking in Tennis or Golf. People work hard to be number one and stay there as long as they can, but it never "ends".

Or multiple games.
    That's something I'd like to get into eventually, but it'll take a LOT of reworking of the code.

Back to the resources. The daily production is lower, but they last longer. Mickey kinda said in the long run you make the same money out of an oil well, cotton field or diamind mine. It would be the same like a short running well, field or mine. It's good that we are able to have more of those now. But now there's the problem. Those resources don't make enough geos a day so you can get new wells, fields or mines every 36 hours. I have a cotton field with 68 pounds a day, that's 10.2 geos a day. My recently bought oil well makes me 5.5 geos a day. How am I supposed to get 50 geos every 36 hours just to buy one of the 3 resource facilities?

We've gone from the complaints of fields only last 2 days (12 hours longer than the 36 hour limit), to the complaints of fields giving out, in Levellers example, 5.5 geos a day.... There's gotta be some middle ground we can strive for here.

lets say the average mine pumps out 15 geos a day and lasts for 30 days (not exactly sure what the averages are). If you can only buy new ones every 36 hours, the average you can have running is 20 ongoing, but more likely 17-18 because you will miss some 36 hour deadlines. 18 @ 15 geos is 270 geos per day. Those figures aren't bad (though I've guesstimated the average m/w/f), but it takes the full 30 days as a newbie to reach that pinnacle.

This maximum output figure hasn't actually changed, the average maximum anyone could get in is still the same when the outputs last got massaged. Although it was more variable, with good mines and bad mines having a larger impact over short term spurts.

I think double output and half time. 15 days to reach maximum output.

That's my vote.

blitzkriegmj

I've made each resource different, so you can do what you want:

Diamonds - short lifespan, high daily output.
    Oil - average lifespan, average output
    Cotton - long lifespan, low ouput (but the highest total output)

Default Jewel Hunting

1 - To prevent (or at least slow down) scripting. These locations are not all in a single KML file, so they're going to be hard to script. On top of that, there are literally thousands of locations that will eventually be in there, so it will be tough to cheat.

2 - To make jewel hunting a bit more of a pain in the neck. Ideally, people only jewel hunt when necessary, and otherwise develop a nice income from oil wells, cotton fields, diamond mines, bank interest and city taxes. Still, jewels need to be around if you need them.

Good Work Mickey, but I still agree with a previous comment, what about the newbies whom just entered the game? Do they recieve a free city randomly selected, extra start off geos, or each recieve a free start up c/d/o mine.
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtreky
    Good Work Mickey, but I still agree with a previous comment, what about the newbies whom just entered the game? Do they recieve a free city randomly selected, extra start off geos, or each recieve a free start up c/d/o mine.
    They get some jewels and some Geos, with a total value of around 70 Geos.