Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Oil, Cotton and Diamond changes

Default Big Oil, Cotton and Diamond changes

I've made some changes to the oil wells, diamond mines and cotton fields that I think you'll like.

First, whether there's room for one or not is based only on the resources that you've placed - not everyone elses. This means you should always be able to find some room!

Next, I slowed everything down again. They'll still earn around 60-600 Geos for you over the course of their lifespan, but there are some differences.

Cotton Fields will give you the best return on your money, but they may take months to pay off.

Oil Wells will make the next best return on your money, but they'll take a few weeks to pay off.

Diamond Mines will give the worst return on your money, but they'll pay off in a matter of days - usually around a week.

Keep in mind that even diamond mines with their "low" payoff will still earn between 20-1000% profit for you.

Please let me know of any bugs you find.

Enjoy!

with everyone having their own field, this will shake the bonus cities' incomes
    Last edited by Timmetie; 10-21-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    with everyone having their own field, this will shake the bonus cities' incomes
    It will simply create more fields/wells/etc, meaning more overall income for the bonus city owners. I'll be lowering their percent take anyhow.

i didnt mean shake as in downgrading it.

if you assume the fields would be full before then there would indeed be more coming in. but for the next 10 days or so that would be a sliding curve.

just saying it might be hard to level that.

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

this is awful, my income has just slumped drastically.

I hate it

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

I just dropped about 100 geos in daily income, but I like the changes...
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySquigglies
    this is awful, my income has just slumped drastically.
    I just dropped about 100 geos in daily income, but I like the changes...
    These changes shouldn't have made things any worse for you. What's the change?

Oh, never mind, my mistake. I just lost a city, and the taxes dissappeared.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

I like the changes. Should make it much more scalable with more new players.

Mickey, there is a KMZ file with all the country borders on it (and back linked to the CIA fact book). I have a copy I can send you and it's also on the official Google site (can't remember the name I'm afraid). Send me a PM or an email if you want my copy. It's quite big (about 1.5MB) and not 100% acurate (Northern Ireland isn't part of the UK it seems), but will at least allow you to work out where countries are (and thus also where most of the land is).

I was thinking of using it to do some land calculations too.

PM sent

Just been digging a new oil well and it strikes me that it would be better if the oil wells had to fit in with the others from your alliance. This way if an alliance gets too big then players will find themselves hamstrung as they won't be able to get these resources. This may well get the larger alliances to fragment.

Of course to stop any abuse you should only be able to change alliances maybe once a week (although I think that's probably a good idea anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by KayEss
    Just been digging a new oil well and it strikes me that it would be better if the oil wells had to fit in with the others from your alliance. This way if an alliance gets too big then players will find themselves hamstrung as they won't be able to get these resources. This may well get the larger alliances to fragment.

Of course to stop any abuse you should only be able to change alliances maybe once a week (although I think that's probably a good idea anyway).
    Brilliant thinking! Great ideas, Mickey, can we impliment this??

T.

LOL i got a cotten field that lasts 89 days!
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by KayEss

good thinking, but i think if its going to be such a big factor, we will just get different cells in 1 alliance again, at the moment there are no real advantages of actually being in the same alliance except seeing each other's information (which we're finding can be a downside as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    LOL i got a cotten field that lasts 89 days!
    If I recall correctly, they can last up to about 120 if you get real lucky.

good thinking, but i think if its going to be such a big factor, we will just get different cells in 1 alliance again, at the moment there are no real advantages of actually being in the same alliance except seeing each other's information (which we're finding can be a downside as well).
    My thoughts exactly.