Thread: Winner takes all

Default Winner takes all

In reality, the army that wins a battle, usually loses less troops than the losing side. the losing side's troops will rout, or lose formation, the winning side will be able to concentrate fire. And after the battle, the winning side is there to take care of their wounded.

I know that at the moment, there are no bonusses whatsoever, but instead of a bonus in favor of the winning army, the losing army gets a bonus.

when an army attacks, the game choses a number between 1 and 25% of the smaller armies' troops.
    this is all random and fair, but the last strike of the winning army almost always has some overkill.
    Say my 100 man army, gets another 100 man army down to 1, and strikes for 20. That army doesn't lose the 20 a bigger army (of 200 maby) would have lost.

with the 25% rule, this could run up to (25% troops of the smaller army)-1 troop bonus for the losing army. or if its a linear scale (im assuming it is) an average of 12.5% of the smaller armies' strenght.

I'm just saying that a winning army should maby get some troops back, with a message like: There were 1.234 lightly wounded troops that have now rejoined the army.

This way there is an advantage of being prepared for what's coming and making bigger armies. now for example i didnt have any troops in my cities near my homebase, assuming i'd just take em back easily. the 12 hours of city income lost is nothing compared to the army costs.

well, thats about it.

Thanks,

Tim

too much text right?

Default Good

No i have seen much more than that posted before. I like your thinking Timmitie.
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

i'm sorry, what does it mean to "bump" a thread?