Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack only from within GE?

Default Attack only from within GE?

I'm working on some scripts that will allow attacking (and other fun stuff) from within the Google Earth interface. I've still got some issues to work out, but it's coming along.

My question is this - when it's done, should attacks be allowed ONLY from within GE? This is, after all, a game built around Google Earth so I tend to think that as I move more things into the GE interface that I should remove them from the web interface. I know that will inconveniece some people, but what do you all think?

no, some people who are playing from work cant use GE.

Allow it from both ways...I have multiple computers, and can't always use the one that can run Google Earth.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

I say just GE, its a google earth game after all.

can always attack the normal way right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I'm working on some scripts that will allow attacking (and other fun stuff) from within the Google Earth interface. I've still got some issues to work out, but it's coming along.

My question is this - when it's done, should attacks be allowed ONLY from within GE? This is, after all, a game built around Google Earth so I tend to think that as I move more things into the GE interface that I should remove them from the web interface. I know that will inconveniece some people, but what do you all think?
    I think that both ways should be allowed. There are advantages to GE such that there will be an incentive to use it, but normal interface should also be allowed for those that sometimes are using a low-bandwidth modem to connect or sometimes it may be a little problem.

Should attacks be allowed ONLY from within GE? This is, after all, a game built around Google Earth so I tend to think that as I move more things into the GE interface that I should remove them from the web interface. I know that will inconveniece some people, but what do you all think?
    On the contrary, you should make it easier for the web interface. GE is a must have for the moment. Collecting cevels, seeing the overall map, planting resources. You don't need to make it harder for the ones that can not use GE all the time.

It would be the best to support the web interface as much as possible.

Thanks...

Maybe do both but give sort of advantage to those who use Google Earth to attack. As you say, the game was designed to leverage Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Maybe do both but give sort of advantage to those who use Google Earth to attack. As you say, the game was designed to leverage Google Earth.
    beezer smart.... I agree, bonus percentage, or speed to people who use the GE interface to attack.
    Think, then speak.

I like the way of attacking in GE, but I see no point in taking the web interface away. When I'm at work I can't use GE, but on the break I still like to play a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    When I'm at work I can't use GE, but on the break I still like to play a little.
    GEWar: The addict maker...

I was thinking for the others but if you want to, you can make it a little bit advantageous for the actions made by using GE. I am able to use GE all the time...

Interesting ideas will follow, I suppose...

I agree. GE for more dynamic, RTS style things, and the browser for people with slow connections or cannot access GE

I say keep the web.
    Me, if I'm not using my computer but I want to see something that is only available in GE (like time left for an army to arive somewhere) i load the kml in the browser and start reading.
    So I still get a web interface, but an ugly one. Why not keep the good looking one too?
    A man, before going to a war, will sharpen his sword.

I'd just like to add that even if I wanted to use GE from work, I couldn't because my workstations are not Windows machines and so far, GE doesn't have a non-Windows client... not Mac, not UNIX.

There are maybe people who play GEW also on small portable devices, they couldn't use Google Earth.

TheLeveller; Theres not really much you can do regarding attacking / earning money without having Google Earth open.. all that you would be able to do without GE is convert resources, buy new things and move your armies around the map.. I think it would be ok to incorporate those features into GE too..

T.