Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Variable time between new resources

  1. #1
    Senior Member birq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default Variable time between new resources

    How about, instead of a set 36 hour waiting period, you set it up so the time you have to wait is based on the number of a particular resource you currently have active.

    For instance, after you drill well #1, you have to wait 4 hours to drill #2. After #2, you have to wait 12 hours to drill #3. After gusher #3, you have to wait 24 hours to drill #4. After #4, you have to wait 36 hours. While you're waiting to drill #5, #1 goes dry. Your time decreases to 24 hours since you drilled #4.

    This will let new players get a jump start, while keeping established players interested and able to consistently replace those old dead resources.

  2. #2
    Senior Member birq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Alright, not everybody at once

    Okay, I was thinking about the times, and I have refined it a little:

    # Resources Time (hours)
    1 1
    2 4
    3 8
    4 12
    5 18
    6 24
    7 36
    8 48
    9 72

    Then 1 day more for each additional resource

  3. #3
    Licensed to Ban araT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    That could just work!! we'll see what Mickey has to say, though - as I'm not even playing at the moment!

    T.

  4. #4
    Senior Member birq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by araT
    That could just work!! we'll see what Mickey has to say, though - as I'm not even playing at the moment!
    Thanks! Yeah, why aren't you playing? It would be good to see a girl out there kicking a bunch of guys' butts.

  5. #5
    Licensed to Ban araT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Because there are too many files waiting to be approved and too many posts to 'Moderate'.. maybe when I figure out how to dope WP up on valium I'll have some time to play

    T.

  6. #6
    Senior Member birq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Because there are too many files waiting to be approved and too many posts to 'Moderate'.. maybe when I figure out how to dope WP up on valium I'll have some time to play
    T.
    WP, can you give the lady a little rest, please? She wants to get in here and dominate!

  7. #7
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Excellent idea. I'll likely create some form of this, very possibly using the numbers you suggested.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birq
    Alright, not everybody at once

    Okay, I was thinking about the times, and I have refined it a little:

    # Resources Time (hours)
    1 1
    2 4
    3 8
    4 12
    5 18
    6 24
    7 36
    8 48
    9 72

    Then 1 day more for each additional resource
    Can we cap it at two days? I mean, 120 hours between wells can get a little ridiculous.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

    Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

  9. #9
    Licensed to Ban araT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    uberdude; did you read what you quoted? he said the max was 72 hours and then 24 hours for every mine after that

    T.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birq
    WP, can you give the lady a little rest, please? She wants to get in here and dominate!
    Well... Let's switch places. She comes down here to battle, I go up there to moderate...

    Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    Can we cap it at two days? I mean, 120 hours between wells can get a little ridiculous.
    True...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by araT
    uberdude; did you read what you quoted? he said the max was 72 hours and then 24 hours for every mine after that

    T.
    Actually he has a point. If we don't cap it, things may be... "unjuicy!"

    When you have 11 "resources" planted, you will have to wait for 120hours: 5days...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    665

    Default

    with cotton mines of 120 days, we're gonna have 90 mines.

    how does this fit in with the plan to let people rely on their passive income?
    the 36 hours and lower gains more time thing doesnt really decrease it after it stabalizes, this will.

    Just say no!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •