Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next reset: mid-Novemberish

As often as the resets are coming...this game is getting a little difficult. No more for awhile after this, ok?
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

I also agree with u lord.. This reset will be ok but wait about a year for the next...
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

In a reset do we start over with our 50 Geos at the start of the game like it was completely brand new or do we get supplemented our previous Geo and Troop count?

I guess I'm game for a reset so I can start on an even playing field. It is a pain in the butt trying to build up money to purchase a decent army worthy of fighting.

But, it seems point less to play right now if I know it is all just going to go to waste.

Thanks,
    Rusty Riley

You get a starter pack (50 geos or something) and thats it.. we reset all accounts, you dont get any of your jewels, mines, wells, fields, nukes, shields, armies.. Its a start-from-scratch, so use em all up while you can

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    You know...If u reset it in november, allmost all of my mines, and wells will be a waste.. Than i could have spent the 500 geos that i spent on them for troops becuse i wont get my full amount back. I hope this will be the last reset that we will see in a long time! U work so hard for all of this and take so much time and than it gets reset and it all happens again.. I dont want to complain but its hard not too.......

The whole point right now is we are still in beta, and resets immenent. I for one welcome the reset and can't wait for the continuous version where all have a chance to be the dominent power.
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

geez, such a nuisance...
    "Surfing on the waves of sound..."

Default Yes, give everyone 1,234,567 geos

I think every reset should be in some way "fun." A frantic 72 hours (not much less or more). It'd be a shame for a world with its own stabilities and hard-earned situations to just fizzle into the annals of irrelevance like a dud bottle rocket. Fun has to be had somewhere.

Here's my suggestion for this time around. Mickey gives everyone 123,456 geos, but he gives 1,234,567 to a willing traitor in the largest alliance. Someone who's willing to sell out his mates in creative, dastardly ways -- to the enemy! -- for that much (or that little).

Something. Anything. Just not a whimpering death like a flat tire.

How about opening an "Apocalypse resource," wherein all of Greenland becomes a treasure hunt for doomsday weapons or immense caches of wealth sufficient to buy vast armies? That would make it possible for anyone obsessive enough to search the continent non-stop (or anyone lucky enough to strike the spot(s) early on) to be "the man" for once.
    Last edited by rasqual; 10-31-2005 at 04:37 AM.

Brilliant ideas as usual rasqual!! I cant wait to see it go down - apocalypse style! - Big Tara is watching

T.

could we just multiply ones armies, money and city worth or something? so all the troubles players put themselves in gives em some advantage?

with 123.456 geo's to all, my advantage would be about 10%.. yee, i want to destroy the world!

I don't like the resets and will not rejoin the game after the next one. It's only a waste of time... :-(

klattenhoff; its still in beta.. if you dont like all the resets wait untill we finally launch it for good..

T.

Quote Originally Posted by rasqual

Here's my suggestion for this time around. Mickey gives everyone 123,456 geos, but he gives 1,234,567 to a willing traitor in the largest alliance. Someone who's willing to sell out his mates in creative, dastardly ways -- to the enemy! -- for that much (or that little).
    *glances around at alliance*
    *loads handgun*
    *aims at traitor....*

In other words, notta chance.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

@ klattenhoff: Every game is waste of time ! thats the trick, but a good game brings more fun. resets makes a beta-game to a good game. dolorous but true

I hate the resets as much as everyone else - trust me. I'm hoping this is our last one. I just want to make sure that the game is fair to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I hate the resets as much as everyone else - trust me. I'm hoping this is our last one. I just want to make sure that the game is fair to everyone.

isnt it possible to make a back up every few days? when there is a bigger problem you can install the back up