Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Next reset: mid-Novemberish

You kidding Blooper....a few players almost gave the server a heartattack the last time.

owing to whoknows832 - now it is time for a RESET

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by bofh666
    owing to whoknows832 - now it is time for a RESET
    The security issue caused by whoknows needs to be plugged before the reset otherwise what's the point? He will just use the loophole after the reset and then it will need another reset.

Quote Originally Posted by roswelljam
    The security issue caused by whoknows needs to be plugged before the reset otherwise what's the point? He will just use the loophole after the reset and then it will need another reset.
    Apparently the hole is now closed.
    No damage control appears to have been undertaken at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by roswelljam
    that I also imagined then - however one must make something
    the play makes so no more fun

Default just babbling

Not sure if anything like this would work but...here goes

Since whoknows killed everyone and a ton of people are like...."screw this I'm just waiting on the reset"....what if we did some form of a mini-reset until the real reset came. I know very little about computers (just like playing on them) and don't know if that's even possible....take away everyone's geos, troops, cities, resources...EVERYTHING...then not allow alliances...

Once that's done do some type of contest for prizes (geos, troops, whatever)....The contest could done a ton of different ways...

-most value of cities held gets 375 geos after reset
    -most # of cities held gets 200 geos after reset
    -most jewels found gets 100 geos after reset

I don't know..something like that...I think it would make the time until the reset very exciting...I know I would like to have a little "edge" after the reset

plus..this might bring some cheaters to the surface and it would give more time to fix before the real reset

probably not possible but I think it would be cool if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT1976
    Not sure if anything like this would work but...here goes

Since whoknows killed everyone and a ton of people are like...."screw this I'm just waiting on the reset"....what if we did some form of a mini-reset until the real reset came. I know very little about computers (just like playing on them) and don't know if that's even possible....take away everyone's geos, troops, cities, resources...EVERYTHING...then not allow alliances...

Once that's done do some type of contest for prizes (geos, troops, whatever)....The contest could done a ton of different ways...

-most value of cities held gets 375 geos after reset
    -most # of cities held gets 200 geos after reset
    -most jewels found gets 100 geos after reset

I don't know..something like that...I think it would make the time until the reset very exciting...I know I would like to have a little "edge" after the reset

plus..this might bring some cheaters to the surface and it would give more time to fix before the real reset

probably not possible but I think it would be cool if you could.
    I personally dont like this idea because part of the reason for a reset is to give everyone an equal chance. It's definitley possible, but i dunno...

yeah...I wouldn't want to see any major prizes...I would just like to give the minutes???days????weeks??? until the reset a bit more meaning and excitement...

Maybe...the winner(s) get to pick the time of day the reset happens....no financial advantage but still a nice prize (of course they would share with their alliance members.......

ohhhhh i don't know....just like to see something

no, the whole part of the reset is to make it fair for everybody again.. Especially the newbs! The only thing that i liked about whoknows finding the loophole and stuff is that mickey fixed it or someone fixed it and they cant do it again after the reset..
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Now that it is fixed i'd love to know what the hole was?
    From curiosity, but also to try such things ourselves

Explaining how this works isnt a bad idea... It gives other people the chance to tinker around and find a loophole that needs to be fixed... It just increases the chance of finding mistakes and correcting them before the reset.
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

The hole was concerning PHPmyadmin and being able to change almost anything regarding GEWar, PHPmyadmin has since been moved, and is behind stronger password protection.

T.

IF the hole was in phpmyadmin, it would have been nice is the person finding the exploit would have simple contacted the mods and told them that he can get in, instead of helping himself to geos and making everyone who have put a lot of hard work in have to start over

Thats exactly what happened SqueaL, and thats why those users are now banned

T.