Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resource changes

Default Resource changes

Some changes:

- Jewel rate lowered to 1.21 (from 2.21)

- You must be zoomed approx twice as close when searching for jewels, making them slightly harder to find.

- All other resources will now last half as long as before, but pay out twice as much. Specifically:
    - - Diamonds will last around 4-6 days, earning 60-600 Geos
    - - Oil will last a couple weeks to a month, earning slightly more.
    - - Cotton will last 1-2 months (instead of 2-4) and earn the most total money (but least per day).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    - Jewel rate lowered to 1.21 (from 2.21)
    why lower the jewel rate? I think 1.21 is not enough benefit for searching at least 15min...

ive sat here for almost a week just collecting jewels so i can catch up to the big guys and you change it.. this stinks......i never see you change any thing that hurts the big guys... collecting jewels is not easy...i got a pm asking how i got so much geos lately.. i told them just by jewel hunting...i guess it came easy to me after awhile..
    Last edited by jokosr; 10-30-2005 at 10:59 PM.

Yea i agree with joksor....I dont like jewel hunting but i have started doing it lately becuase it was an easy income... But now the jewels arnt worth enough to really make my time worth while..
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Radeon
    Yea i agree with joksor....I dont like jewel hunting but i have started doing it lately becuase it was an easy income... But now the jewels arnt worth enough to really make my time worth while..
    That could be his point...
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    That could be his point...
    Pretty much.

Thanks for listening to the masses, Mickey

I think that 5 times more income lasting 5 times less time was too short (mines lasting 2 days was bad) but the last way was too slow to grow income. This way is the good compromise we've been asking for.

so now that people who have recently started are even more *&#$%#$, when is the game reset coming?

in about 40 minutes i'm going to get my third set of resources. i can only imagine how much some of the top guys are making per day.

i hope the reset includes the change where after each resours you plant it takes longer to get the next one.

speedfreak227

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak227
    so now that people who have recently started are even more *&#$%#$, when is the game reset coming?

in about 40 minutes i'm going to get my third set of resources. i can only imagine how much some of the top guys are making per day.

i hope the reset includes the change where after each resours you plant it takes longer to get the next one.

speedfreak227
    actually Mr. 227, all old mines/wells/fields keep giving their old amount and all new ones get this updated output. So if anything, I should be putting in a whine post about you being able to plant a new set of resources before me...

Calm down, work hard, get big.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg
    actually Mr. 227, all old mines/wells/fields keep giving their old amount and all new ones get this updated output. So if anything, I should be putting in a whine post about you being able to plant a new set of resources before me...

Calm down, work hard, get big.
    i'm sorry i fail to see how my 2 mines of each type give me some advantage over you.

yay, i get to make 75 geos per day and now have to work twice as hard to suppliment that with jewels.

speedfreak227

Quit your petty bickering

You lot just can't be satisfied can you.. we change something, you make 1000's of new threads to complain in and make a slew of suggestions.. we take your suggestions, impliment them.. and you comeplain some more!! ****it! I want a divorce!

T.

hehehehehehe. i'm just excited for the reset when my investments will allow me to get somewhere. right now i'm just wait for the minute my 36 hours is up to see what the random resource generator gives me so i can start to get a feel for what's average.

speedfreak227

It's 10 degrees C

"araT, I'm cold."

Okay I'll turn the thermostat up to 40 degrees C.

"araT, now I'm hot."

Okay hows 10 degrees C.

"araT, I was too cold at 10 degrees C, I suggest 25 degrees"

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Quit your petty bickering

You lot just can't be satisfied can you.. we change something, you make 1000's of new threads to complain in and make a slew of suggestions.. we take your suggestions, impliment them.. and you comeplain some more!! ****it! I want a divorce!

T.
    ***edit - just my right of reply, nothing more ***

Mickey has put in the required compromise that I was asking for and I have publically thanked him for it. I am satisfied.

and speedfreak, we don't make as much as you think (bonus city aside - but I worked hard for that!). But we work together, look for an alliance, safety in numbers.

blitzkrieg
    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 10-31-2005 at 06:27 AM.

i can imagine that supporting a large army required to hold a city is QUITE draining on one's resources so i guess without having an army i could catch up relatively easy.

we'll see. give it some time.

speedfreak227

Unhappy Why ?

Why should i make more resources before the reset come ?
    Why should search jewels for loose cash before reset ?
    Why should spend more time before reset ?

Changes for oil,diamonds and cotton are ok, but not for jewels. Couldnt spend all my time for jewel hunting, it doesn┤t make sense before reset. Waste of time.

See you after resetting.