Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resource changes

Default beginers

We know that it's hard to be a beginer.

Mickey has helped beginers : the fact that everyone has his own space for resources is a really nice thing. Actually this rule helped everyone. Mickey even told us he did it when he couldn't find a free space.

When resources only lasted 5/6 days it was awesome : beginers could be part of the game and earn some good money in only a week. In that time they could fight even the strongest ones.

Today rules are really hard for beginers. Actually I can't see any rule that really favors beginers. It seems Mickey doesn't want to favor beginers because he's afraid of people creating multiple accounts. I think that's why he didn't implement a rule similar to this one : in mariokart, the last of the race always goes faster than the others to help him fight for the race. thanks to this there was a lot of action and so a lot of fun, but it seems not possible in gewar. Too bad for the game.

Mickey did a reset some time ago and that was the greatest help ever for beginers.

So beginers : wait for the next reset, your time will come then. For now, maybe you can prepare the reset by meeting other players, discussing tactics, forming an alliance... but earning geos is actually a waste of time.

Maybe some day there will be multiple worlds : once you get good enough, you go to the next level...

Is there another reset coming please?
    If one is, will I loose everything?

Exclamation Yes, reset come

See thread from mickey:
    http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...ead.php?t=3756

We loose all and start new, like the last rest....

Quote Originally Posted by sunfly
    See thread from mickey:
    http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...ead.php?t=3756

We loose all and start new, like the last rest....
    Thanks for that.
    A reset is fine by me

Talking

New game --- new luck !

YES mickey i love you! great changes!

So, the only possiblity for beginners to catch up is after a reset?

I think there should be a varible rate on the jewels (at least 1, max 2.5 geos). I know there is a problem with several accounts, but how else should beginners have the possiblility to get bigger?

The ppl who had the luck to play from the beginning, have the advantage of the free cities they get, but imagine how hard it is if you join later. You can search for hours still you don't get enough geos to get a city...

Blueth; There will be a reset some time in early november, at that point everyone will only have 50 geos, you will all be small fish again

T.

I'm still a small fish from the last reset . maybe after this one I can take a city or two.

After i thought about it a reset wont be to bad... I wanted to move my homebase anyway!
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Blueth; There will be a reset some time in early november, at that point everyone will only have 50 geos, you will all be small fish again

T.
    I know this is a old subject but not dead yet. The reset is still forthcoming. Do you think leaving bank accounts untouched during the reset would even be possible?

It may be to much to ask from Mickey but until it is asked we will not know the answer.

I think we should bring this alive in the fourms. Mickey reads the posts and when he says no then we could call this a dead subject.

Mickey is it possible?

Not going to happen Anthony, as nice as it sounds sorry... not just because it's alot more work for Mickey, but also because part of the reset is to give all the newcomers a fair chance to get on their feet again.. You'll have to start from scratch just like everyone else.. all men will be created equal

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Not going to happen Anthony, as nice as it sounds sorry... not just because it's alot more work for Mickey, but also because part of the reset is to give all the newcomers a fair chance to get on their feet again.. You'll have to start from scratch just like everyone else.. all men will be created equal

T.
    I dont care either way I know how it works and what it is for, it is that some of the new players are complaining.

I saw a post and I think it was from you stating that 50 geos will be in all accounts after the reset.

Anyone else see this? If this can happen then the above request can take place...after all are we going to suffer the reset blues every time we gat a group of new players. At one point this will need to stop...the game cannot all ways cater to new players.

As far as creation only one man was created...the rest were born....thus a creation from man. History proves that all men are not created equal and this point brings WAR.

Resets will not be happening at all once the game is out of beta, and the only reason we have resets at the moment is to kick the cheaters off their high-horses and send them back to zero.. if we let you keep what was in the bank, the cheaters would still have an advantage even after we close the holes.

The newbies will be whinging less about the reset than the top 10 players, all I can say is spend your geos while you can, go all out & enjoy yourself, cos theres no point keeping em

Hopefully once the game is in its final version we'll never have to do a reset again - we are not catering to new players, we are making things fair for all the honest players.

Notice I said "all men WILL BE created equal"? it was a joke regarding the reset

T.

just checking, will there be a warning given for the reset so we've got a few days to just go nuts with our remaining cash or will we just log on one day and have 50 in the bank?

speedfreak227