Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resource changes

I'm sure Mickey will be kind enough to give you all warning

T.

speedfreak - using last reset as an example, your account on GEWAR is reset completely. So you have to create a new one as if you just logged in and thought "hmm, what's all this GEWar hoohaa".

Important distinction though; Your GE Hacks account is not deleted only your GE War.

No big deal. If you saved all your KML files for the game (jewelhunting, oil, cities, etc.), delete them all and re-download each individual one again because when you get a new account you get assigned a new account number or something so you can't use your old KML files. This was a major hurdle for most people last reset.

araT, maybe just after the reset we need a sticky FAQ about restarting as it was pandemonium last time...

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Resets will not be happening at all once the game is out of beta, and the only reason we have resets at the moment is to kick the cheaters off their high-horses and send them back to zero.. if we let you keep what was in the bank, the cheaters would still have an advantage even after we close the holes.

The newbies will be whinging less about the reset than the top 10 players, all I can say is spend your geos while you can, go all out & enjoy yourself, cos theres no point keeping em

Hopefully once the game is in its final version we'll never have to do a reset again - we are not catering to new players, we are making things fair for all the honest players.

Notice I said "all men WILL BE created equal"? it was a joke regarding the reset

T.
    Thank you for setting the record strait for all of us reading this...I am glad you think all men will be equal at the reset...wont stay that way.

PS, what about the females? Will they take a second rib....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bueth
    why lower the jewel rate? I think 1.21 is not enough benefit for searching at least 15min...
    I can find a jewel in a couple minutes, easy. Find the clue to where you're jewel is then just download a KML. KMZ file of the place and you should find the Jewel almost instantly.

and once you have downloaded all of the KMZs, it goes even faster still

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownation11
    I can find a jewel in a couple minutes, easy. Find the clue to where you're jewel is then just download a KML. KMZ file of the place and you should find the Jewel almost instantly.
    Use place marks and you will be at the next jewel in a split second.

Yea.. Thats how i do it anthony!
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Its the fastest way I have found. 11 minutes I collect 50 jewels and thats playing around while doing it. Who needs scripts when this works just fine.