Thread: Choosing the order of defenders in a city

Default Choosing the order of defenders in a city

To my fellow gewarrers,

How would you all like to choose which army is the frontline defender in a city?

Imagine if you have moved some expeditionary forces to a city to resize and attack and they arrive overnight. During the night someone attacks the city with 500 troops and wipe your two 100 troop armies out (as at the moment the smallest army is the first line). I'm sure it has happenned to nearly all of us. Your city was never in danger, but now you have to mave two more armies half way around the globe and hope they don't get attacked again.

Also adds strategy and bluffing aspects because you either put a small army in front or the largest one. Hold a city with 5000 troops being 1 4500 army as front line and 5 100 troop armies. Or 2 5000 troop armies and 3 100 troop giving a total size of 10300, the 2 5000 armies are frontline and 3 hidden giving reason to believe they all are 5000.

thoughts?

blitzkrieg

sounds good. as it is now you can make an educated guess as to what's inside after fighting the first army. you KNOW they're all equal or larger than what you just faced.

and as for losing your two small armies and not being able to reinforce them, another good point.

speedfreak227

Blitz wouldn"t the loss of troops be the same either way? I think they would. You would lose two armies.

I dont think it would matter. Correct me if I am wrong. Any way I like the way it is now...the attacking player knows that the next army defending is the same size or larger.

i agree with blitz here, anything that'll add some strategy to the game.

and anthony, yes you'd still lose 200 men (until mickey finally implements a larger army bonus) but not the 2 100 man armies, so you dont have to get new ones from your homebase, possibly 10 hours off.

Point taken and a good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg
    To my fellow gewarrers,

How would you all like to choose which army is the frontline defender in a city?

Imagine if you have moved some expeditionary forces to a city to resize and attack and they arrive overnight. During the night someone attacks the city with 500 troops and wipe your two 100 troop armies out (as at the moment the smallest army is the first line). I'm sure it has happenned to nearly all of us. Your city was never in danger, but now you have to mave two more armies half way around the globe and hope they don't get attacked again.

Also adds strategy and bluffing aspects because you either put a small army in front or the largest one. Hold a city with 5000 troops being 1 4500 army as front line and 5 100 troop armies. Or 2 5000 troop armies and 3 100 troop giving a total size of 10300, the 2 5000 armies are frontline and 3 hidden giving reason to believe they all are 5000.

thoughts?

blitzkrieg

Just playing Devils Advocate, is it not also a bit advantagous (good spelling) to the attacker to know there is more then 5000, 15000, or even 25000 troops in a given city?

As well it can be kind of fun to watch say myself send armies across the world just so I can build them up and attack another given city.
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

you mean its easy for the attacker. But the attacker has the obvious advantage of knowing he's going to attack, and with what etc.

in reality, finding out what you're about to attack is harder.