Thread: How about special jewels to hunt for?

Default How about special jewels to hunt for?

when i say special i mean something that you acutally have to do some research to find, not just go to the file section and download the link to.

they could be worth more than the normal jewels.

though one major problem would be when one person found it they'd send a link to their buddies to make it easier for them and so on.

speedfreak

this is a great idea ! To by pass the loop hole speedfreak suggested, the Jewel hunt could be done once a month.. some special thing... and once its picked up ... no one else can do it...
    until next month..

Or there are 5 jewels to pick up at a location TOTAL, so every hour on the hour the race is on and the first 5 to get the jewel wins, Of course, you can't get the same jewel 5 times. easy fix for that is to use Mickey's mine timer and say you can only pick one "bonus" jewel per 30 minutes, should then be reset by the time the next bonus hunt is on.

This location can be automated and be not from locations in the files download, so you have to actually "google" the site - as obscure or not as possible, and keep deleting and adding sites to stop the file placemarkers.

so it's one "special jewel" for only one person in one month; and who finds it first is lucky?
    i have seen an internet page where they post an image out of ge, and you have to find out where it's taken. that would be a way to come to the jewel...

Even better.. how many of you remember the *original* jewel hunting system.. they are randomly placed around the globe, you zoom out, pick a spot, zoom in.. if you are lucky theres a jewel there, if you arent you repeat the process again.. this would be perfect for the "bonus" jewels as everyone would have thm randomly placed differently so people can't "share" information

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Even better.. how many of you remember the *original* jewel hunting system.
    Unless I missed something from the original jewel hunt, I found it quite easy to find them and could rack off min 50 jewels every 10-15 min. (That is while drinking coffee, cigartte etc).

However if it were brought back with the players we have now, resources would not mean to much. Armies would be back at 100k+ again.
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

cowtreky; yeah, i know they were easy to find but thats because there were 200+ jewels available to you at any time.. imagine if there are only 5 on the whole planet... it would more be a total fluke or a hard hunt to find em.... this is what I'm thinking for the "bonus" jewels..

T.

that sounds good to me but there should be hints as well. maybe 100 miles from niagra falls and 250 miles from grouse mountain so that triangulation would be involved.

something along those lines.

speedfreak227