This is a discussion thread for the following file:
Lathom Locks, Burscough
Junction of Leeds & Liverpool Canal & Rufford Canal. The Rufford Arm, heading North to the Ribble, was opened in 1781. There may be two working boats adrift, blocking the junction, as sometimes happens. The remains of the old dry dock can be seen to the left of the junction.