Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attacks of home base have meaning

Default Attacks of home base have meaning

If a home base is attacked and the armies inside are defeated, the city(s) the user has occupied become unoccupied. If there are no armies in the home base, then defeat is immediate.

Armies in the cites that become unoccupied are not lost. Maybe they could be expelled to the outskirts of those cites, or automaticaly sent back to the user's home base (taking the travel path and time).

The home base isn't lost.

Default Reasonĺs behind above suggestion

- While this would force users to keep resources tied up at their home base, it would also force users who take over large, special cities or lots of small cities to divvy up resources, giving other users a chance when attacking them.

- It would also introduce a new strategy element, as you would be launching and coordinating multiple attacks at once.

- It would also make the home base location more meaningful. Throw your home base in the middle of Europe, and it is easy to attack lots of cities but your home base is also an easy and quick target... keep your home base in the middle of nowhere, plenty of time to prep for attacks but it take times to get anywhere
    Last edited by nytransit; 11-03-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    The sound of jet fighters is followed by the sound of freedom

wowa this sucks.. So now when a multiple city owner loses a city he loses just 1 and the armies there.

Now you'd have to defend the cities, AND your homebase? This is insane, and would give noobs a far to great advantage.

I'm sorry to say this nytransit....but this must be the worst idea i've heard. With all due respect ofcourse . Just won't work.

i agree that losing everything by losing your city is too extreme but as it is there's no point in attacking someone's base except to beat up their armies.

maybe you could steal the "keys" to one of their resources or something.

though this would probably just end up with the strong preying on the weak and making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

right now it's nice to know that with no armies out there i can safely sit back and build up my economy. ;o)

speedfreak227

NO.... I would just leave the homebases the way they are right now...
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

NO!
    Good lord, this is loony! Someone can take out your cities just by taking out your homebase?! Geez, there'd be nowhere to hide your base that'd be good enough!
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Even I, still a noob, think it would be a bad idea, because for noobs, if they took one small city, they would lose money becuase of upkeep of the defense at both places.

Maby small things like, when you "win" against a homebase, there cant be any armies made from there for 12 hours.

or he/she loses 100 geo's with a 24 hour timer. Or their armies morale (6 am next monday mickey?) goes down.

Default noob....

of course this helps the noob... i.e. ME ....

but, if it goes into effect after a reset, then it is different.. never suggested it happens. now...

BUT, the replies have done the trick... I, and I think a lot of other people want meaning when attacking a home base....

by the way, not to tooting my own horn, but the only people who don't like my initial iadea are those who own a ton of sh!t ..... of course they wouldn't like it..

as a side note to the guys who objected, I respect your thoughts....I am a noob.... but I really enjoy this game, and I am trying to learn from you cats..and just trying to help Mickey out... If it is a bad idea, i respecte your thoughts......
    The sound of jet fighters is followed by the sound of freedom

I for one think its a great idea, just not as extreme as you put it.. but I do agree if you slaughter a home base you should be able to pillage from that users supplies.. maybe randomly select resouces to steal based on a percentage of what that user has (maybe 10%?).. so if you attack a warlord you get a hell of a lot of Geos/Jewels/Oil/Cotton.. but if you attack a newb you get next-to-nothing This would benefit everyone, but affect the Warlords the most..

T.

This cannot be done...i'll give you a very simple example why not:
    Vacations

When one is on vacation now all he could do is hope he doesn't get beaten up too much, but expects he will.
    He'll just have to build up from the resources he's gathered in the time he was away. If this idea was to go through, he'd come back from vacation and start as a newbie again.
    Bad idea. Leave as it is i'd say.

i'm actually all for the attacking of homebases, but not causing your cities to run empty (i mean wtf?). cause i dont like them untouchables, who have no cities nor armies, but a lot of geo's. I'd like to be able to kill those.

Ooops, I forgot to mention anything banked is safe

Luke; Your right.. maybe 10% is a bit harsh.. but there should be a reward.. 2%?

T.

woha! banked shouldnt be safe! or a safety measure, anything below 1000 geo's is safe.