Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attacks of home base have meaning

Post home base invasion - another option

attacking a home base drives to nothing, as you only waste troops on both sides.

what if you could invade and stay there for a while, like 24h. in that period of time, the homebase pays for all invading army┤s expenses (1 army limit). after that, the army is forced out of the city and can┤t come back.

if the owner discovers that has been invaded, he can buy an army and kill everyone (give some advantage to him... like 1 to 5).

this way, invading means that you can stop paying your troops expenses for a while but it is very unsafe because of the owner┤s advantage.

this can be used as a part of the alliance schema. if I don┤t have any armies, i still can contribute to the alliance letting someone else park troops on my hb before an attack.

besides, this will include noobs on the game, as they can fight between them for a good reason and not just for the taste of blood. somehow this will be a second division.

For the "vacation-problem" I think it is the best to include a "vacation-mode" so if you make a journey you can't be attacked but you also don't earn anything. So your account is frozen.
    Perhaps a select-field from 7 up to 365 days or so.

I'm just a newbie - but was my idea while i read this thread!

so i go get some big cities and go in vacation mode making them unable to take back?

or do you leave all your cities? in that case vacation mode wouldnt have any use.

At the moment this game has no building up of infrastructure or anything whatsoever, so i can get beaten back to full zero, and get back in days. I dont like it, but its the way it is, so vacation mode wont work.

the vacation-mode is just to safe the homebase...

ah right, never mind anything i said then.

so you're saying you should be able to go into vacation mode to protect you from everything said above. I dont think that would be good either, has to have some limits.

Maby make it a 14 day minimum or something, or whatever is decided homebases should "pay" when attacked, cant be totally safe in vacation mode, only 50%.

or you'd just go into vacation mode when attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by LtScoundrel
    For the "vacation-problem" I think it is the best to include a "vacation-mode" so if you make a journey you can't be attacked but you also don't earn anything. So your account is frozen.
    Perhaps a select-field from 7 up to 365 days or so.

I'm just a newbie - but was my idea while i read this thread!
    This was brought up in the first beta and there was a lot of talk. It is a good idea but I think you should only be able to vacation with your armies in the home base.
    I don't want to see resorces frozen. Take your first vacation and see what your resorces done when you return.

Holiday mode should also be limited to a month or so.. especially when we bring in the donations section.. we will be setting a limit on inactivity before the account gets deleted.. our server cant handle more than a couple of thousand players and its not fair to keep new fresh blood out because there are 100s of inactive accounts.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Holiday mode should also be limited to a month or so.. especially when we bring in the donations section.. we will be setting a limit on inactivity before the account gets deleted.. our server cant handle more than a couple of thousand players and its not fair to keep new fresh blood out because there are 100s of inactive accounts.

T.
    On that note "T" will inactive accounts be deleted on reset?

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (27░22'34.69"S, 152░59'18.54"E)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    On that note "T" will inactive accounts be deleted on reset?
    They will be deleted automatically won't they? - Along with everyone else.
    They will be 'deleted' because they won't have been reactivated after the reset.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:

More interesting then a Drive-by Shooting

we didnt have to reactivate right? just reset homebase.

so just delete all accounts that havn't set their homebase 4 weeks after reset or so.