Thread: City maximum defense

Default City maximum defense

I propose that each city can only have a certain amount of defenders as a maximum. The reason for this is that a new player can very easily get into the game and some cities because they know their attack will be successful.

My idea is that a city can sustain 0.5% of it's population as defenders. So a 1,000,000 population city can support a defence of 5,000. As the city's population increases the effect of this limitation basically disappears because at the moment 10,000 should be enough to win most (except mine ) cities on the map.

It should mean it is not worth a larger net worth player fighting smaller players to hold on to a smaller city.

Bonus cities could be exempt from this rule.

This feature will need to be intergrated after the merge/split armies function is integrated though because you could attack a 1,000,000 city with 15,000 troops win and be left with 10,000. 5,000 would stay in the city and 5,000 would automatically be split into a new army and be sitting outside the city awaiting new orders.

Thoughts?

blitzkrieg

Also if you buy troops in the city, a dialogue box will appear when you reach your maximum saying that the city is unable to sustain more troops. And maybe something about splitting the army....

It might mess up the screen and the server a little because everyone would send lots of armies outside the cities....so you still have the same as before, but now they are not inside the city, but mostly sitting outside it.
    Well, thats what I would do.

Well the idea is, at least for financial purposes, that it would be inefficient for a high net worth player to control a small city because it's a soft target. It would cost you geos per 5 minutes to control that city. It might not work, it's just an idea to open the game up a little more. More are needed or lets look at this one and try to find the right balance to make it work.

I like it anyway, other thoughts?

blitzkrieg

it's a good idea to keep super rich guys from holding cities but i don't like the idea that someone would know the max soldiers possible in a city and be able to bring in an army capapble of winning for sure.

i like the mystery and i think if someone is willing to spend more money to support an army than a city gives them back then they should be able to have it.

speedfreak227

Hmm...this does make sense...and it will cut the scale of the game a little...(a good thing in my opinion...)
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Good idea.

I have lolng been a propent of an army in a city being limited to a percentage of the population of thecity they occupy.

I think will accomplish that and would make it counterproductive for big players to hold all the small cities. That would at least give the smaller players cities to fight over and control and build their empire upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Good idea.

I have lolng been a propent of an army in a city being limited to a percentage of the population of thecity they occupy.

I think will accomplish that and would make it counterproductive for big players to hold all the small cities. That would at least give the smaller players cities to fight over and control and build their empire upon.
    overall this is a good idea but more data is needed.

At this point in the game, what is the total population of the "world"? 5% of that total would be the max "occupying force". This excludes the bonus cities.

If Mickey or another administrator could provide the data, a more informed conversation could proceed.

This game has quickly devolved into large alliances vs the small player. It was actually more interesting when a small player found a bug and then took advantage of it (remember BIGBUG and rasqual??)

I agree with your smallprint, jduddy.

Athough please explain this: [QUOTE]At this point in the game, what is the total population of the "world"? 5% of that total would be the max "occupying force".QUOTE]

Maybe give an example of some figures to show how it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak227
    it's a good idea to keep super rich guys from holding cities but i don't like the idea that someone would know the max soldiers possible in a city and be able to bring in an army capapble of winning for sure.

i like the mystery and i think if someone is willing to spend more money to support an army than a city gives them back then they should be able to have it.

speedfreak227
    Hmm he really makes a good point there. The mystery would be gone. You'd know the maximum force in the city, and that might be a bad idea.

The total world population (value of all the cities combined) is currently 810,848,122.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    Hmm he really makes a good point there. The mystery would be gone. You'd know the maximum force in the city, and that might be a bad idea.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah. Now you can KNOW how many troops are in there....my support for this is withdrawn unless some change is made.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Come on people you are taken away reality for the game.

OOR, you can only have 10.000 troops in a city, and all other troops "camp" outside the cities and get a tactical disadvantage. (unless you research kevlar tents ofcourse).