Thread: Increased Resolution

Default Increased Resolution

Can someone help me understand what the benefit is of an overlay? I downloaded one yesterday and discovered that in spite of changing the color scheme to look like it was high res, the visual information in the view was the same resolution! Am I missing something?
    On a related note, I am desperately seeking a high resolution image of a volcano in Mexico called Iztaccihuatl. Any help would be appreciated!
    thanks in advance
    john

Hey John!

Chances are when the overlay was submitted that area was lower resolution, google updates its imagery every so often and it remders a lot of our placemarks useless (planes, boats, some overlays and animals mostly) If you could tell me the name of the file i'll move it to the outdated catagory

As for Iztaccihuatl, I found a few images.. not great, but better than what you can see in GE..

NASA imagery

Landsat Image

Close-up at sunset

Hope this helps!

T.

Default resolution

Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl Volcanoes, Mexico (3D Overlay) is the filename. I dont think it is outdated because the original GE image is low res. I was just hoping that GE would update the file to be high res so I could see the trails from the basecamp up through the intermediate points to the summit!
    thanks for the great pics!

Talking resolution

your hope is my wish!
    hopefully more will yoin us!