Thread: *tap*tap*tap*

Default *tap*tap*tap*

that would be the sound of me waiting for the darn reset

everytime the site is down i'm hoping for the reset!

what is that by the way? traffic overload? cause if so, the days after reset are going to be hell. and yes i mean hell. hell, as in not heaven, and not pleasant. To be short: Hell.

Hell of earth, yes not just hell, but on earth, and even online. online hell, worse then World of warcraft. Real hell. as in BAD.

Hell.

hello mr. impatient

(a) the reset will happen when Mickey has finished doing the changes to stop some new cheats from working - He's a busy man, give him a break!

and (b) did you happen to read this thread? if you had you would know that the server that this site (and many others) is hosted on is doing updates, and so everything was slow for a day - its just a day, not the end of the (google) world! go outside and enjoy what decent weather you have left

T.
    Last edited by araT; 11-14-2005 at 02:25 PM.

aah im sorry i didn't read that thread, im not really browsing the GEhacks forum, only the GEwar one.

and i know we're waiting for mickey, im just saying, some XTC and an IV drip, 48 hours straight coding and we're done right?

what seems to be the problem there?

Well in theory yes, But I presume Mickey has a day job so he can afford to run great sites like this one, hehe

We could just do the reset, and have the little skriptkiddies out there have scripts doing all the work for them, and hearing you all complain about it (so then we have to plan for the next reset), or we could take our time fixing up all the holes that have come to our attention since the last reset (with the help of all of you) So that after the reset the game is the most secure it has been and the next reset wont be necessary for a while - the whole idea of the game is to have as few resets as possible so that the game can really evolve, once its out of beta there probably wont ever be a reset again - I know you're excited for Armageddon V2, and I promice you'll get your chance to play god (again) soon - we just want to make sure everything is good-to-go first!

on the point of the slow site, you think its bad for you, you should try approving files with it! it took me an hour this morning to approve 10 files

T.

Right thanks T!

although im not waiting for armageddon V2 (id be able to attack witha whopping 5k army). ill just wait some more.

Default take your time

well worth the wait to stop scripting....can't wait..gonna be great...

hmmm...i wonder....if the game became a "pay for" game then would the people that script go through the costs of playing???? would you play a game that you pay for that isn't even fun???? I mean...seriously....pay $5.00 a month...run script here and there..kill everyone....no real strategy...what fun is that???? they are obviously very smart people and I know I wouldn't want to pay for a game that doesn't take any thought and/or effort. I have to work my arse off to hold a 500k city...but that's the fun

i dunno..just rambling....Mickey....take your time....all of your work is very much appreciated and I'm sure you doing all you can to make it as fair as possible.

I dont think it will be a pay to play game untill all the bugs are worked out. I think it is getting close.