Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ending fake accounts

Quote Originally Posted by WalterNeff
    Your point!
    Then the procedure should be changed, at least it should gave some warnings which could then be investigated.

But as stated above by Lukepuuk:
    "The game should expand and not go back to what it was when it started."
    Changing the bank parameters to 'only-once-a-day' is a 'giant leap' backwards.
    I second that. Totally agree. There has to be another way.
    It's hard...how about same IP's not being able to send money to eachother?
    Good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    how about same IP's not being able to send money to eachother?
    Good or bad idea?
    Good Idea
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

Good or bad idea?
    Bad. Very bad. Example: Same as above; me and my wife. It's just not feasible to prevent people using the same IP from working together since there are too many legitimate accounts that use the same IP.

[...]
    Good or bad idea?
    Bad idea.

Our alliance consists only of collegues, we are all sharing one IP through a Proxy/FW and most of the time we are [whisper] using it while at work.

right i say harsh measures, cancell the 10 minute thing (how in hell is this stopping cheating?). only allow inter-alliance trading, dont let people change alliances more then once a week.

At any sign that a "person" in the alliance is just funneling all his money to someone else, its stopped.

This way there'd be much less things to check, and cheaters easyer to catch.

ofcourse it limits helping each other for now, but this should change in time as more features are added (they are going to be added right? Give us a sign mickey! Smithe me! set this bush on fire! flood my house!)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (27░22'34.69"S, 152░59'18.54"E)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    right i say harsh measures, cancell the 10 minute thing (how in hell is this stopping cheating?). only allow inter-alliance trading, dont let people change alliances more then once a week.

At any sign that a "person" in the alliance is just funneling all his money to someone else, its stopped.
    The only problem with this is: How are you going to finance a spy for instance?

Give us a sign mickey! Smithe me! set this bush on fire! flood my house!)
    Good one
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:

More interesting then a Drive-by Shooting

And why would it stop fake accounts? You can put unlimited people in an alliance. WOuldn't you just invite those fake accounts as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    [...]

This way there'd be much less things to check, and cheaters easyer to catch.
    [...]
    Then you can bust all members of our alliance as we concentrated our meager resources in one account.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtreky
    A default militia, hmmmmmm good idea.
    Of course, a default militia still wouldn't stop someone from leaving a 100 man army in the city so his second account could fight it and take over. At least it would cost him something, though.

How about only being able to send someone else geos once for every 50 gems collected? Most people with multiple accounts just want to send geos from mining, but not bothering to slog it out to collect gems.

well walter, then that would be sorted out, and you'd be cleared to go on.

i'm just saying, cheaters have to be struck down sooner. maby a shortcut on the mods "powers" to just freeze it inmediatly. only THEN determining if he/she is cheating or not, and then unfreezing.

not that important now, cause we're in beta. but when the game comes out of beta, they're going to have to be a lot tougher, and anyone with a large army and giving money away should be froze inmediatly.

im stating this because kable-something- did this, but was completely legit. so he'd be cleared and moving on in a matter of hours. whilst the real cheater was allowed to keep his armies for days.
    Never ever ever!

The under 18 people won't like this...but one way that would cut down on multiple accounts is to use a credit card....Maybe charge a $1.00 fee or something like that. I know I would be willing to do this to make the playing field fair. I'm sure many would. If you are under 18 then I'm sure your parents would let you do the $1.00 charge.

I realize that if you have 6 credit cards you could have 6 accounts. It would be waaaaaaaay less and would be easier to keep an eye on this way.

I would guess that it would cost money to set up the secure site...maybe a paypal thing or something....

I dunno...as always I"m just kinda babbling....but something like this would be one of the few things that would actually work.

Nice idea wildcat - and it ties neatly in with the donation system, too.

T.

Hmm. So, even with the non-paying peoples, they'd be required to make a $1.00 "donation" to ensure that they're not a fake account?
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    Hmm. So, even with the non-paying peoples, they'd be required to make a $1.00 "donation" to ensure that they're not a fake account?
    wouldn't paying a dollar make them a paying member?

and on that note i'd be willing to drop a loonie to play. (it's one of those crazy canadian currency divisions that we make from bird parts). time to go warm up the dog sled team.

speedfreak227