Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 GEO's Available

Default 2000 GEO's Available

Hi,

Ok here is the deal, I need someone to build me a couple of programs. One program is doing interupts to the operating system to do various type items such as a key logger, countdown timer, and the other program is to build a monitor/semaphore.

The programmer must know ADA, or Java. My preference is ADA, but Java would suffice.

I will Pay 2000 GEO's for 2 complete programs, or 1000 GEO's per program if only one was completed.

I'm looking for only serious interested people, that know what I'm talking about, so don't bother if your not serious.

If I get enough interested people I will PM the specifications. when responding to this list, please indicate something about the above that will convince me.

Oh ya, I do know there is going to be a reset coming up, so here is the deal. I'll give you 2000 GEO's upon completion, and an additional GEO's depending on the grade, I receive. So if you get 95% on both of the programs, I would give you 95% of 2000 Geos as soon as I get them on the restart, which should be under a month or so of time to do.

Thanks,
    Rusty741

Quote Originally Posted by rusty741
    Hi,

Oh ya, I do know there is going to be a reset coming up, so here is the deal. I'll give you 2000 GEO's upon completion, and an additional GEO's depending on the grade, I receive. So if you get 95% on both of the programs, I would give you 95% of 2000 Geos as soon as I get them on the restart, which should be under a month or so of time to do.

Thanks,
    Rusty741
    Err....are you trying to get someone to do a school project for you, or something?
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    Err....are you trying to get someone to do a school project for you, or something?
    Hehe... this is funny.

Hey, I have a major project due at work at the end of December, so if anyone wants to pretend to be me and sit at my desk every day and develop this J2EE application, I'll give you 250 Geos and promise not stop beating you up and stealing your lunch money.

Yes this is for a school project. I'm taking 21 credit hours, and would like to offload some of my work.

you do realise that what your proposing can get you kicked out of and banned from EVERY post secondary institution in north america right?

it's called plagiarism.

i sure hope you're not taking a professional degree program. if so, who's going to write your ethics exam for you?

speedfreak227

Its for a graduate program. Taking a couple of Stem classes that are a pain my butt.

Guess what, its not plagiarism unless you don't cite your sources, but we can see how well your college memory did for you.

And here is how high my ethics are: If I thought I could get a degree from a clearing house and make it pass, I would.

LAMO

Anyway offer still stands.

Later,
    Rusty 741

i could write you a really nice poem about a frog?

a butterfly maby?

--another complete random post brought to you by none other then.. Timmetie--

Guess what, its not plagiarism unless you don't cite your sources, but we can see how well your college memory did for you.
    so you plan on stating that none of the work presented is your own then?

speedfreak227

I believe in this wonderful world if you change names that should suffice as not plarigism.

if you look at the different OS implementations you will notice there is no real difference between all of the operating systems. Or looking at programming languages, ADA, C/C++, you do everything the same, Instead of a Class, you have a Package, instead of a structure, you have a record. Hmmmm no one plarigerised there (or so the courts say

I don't know no one copied there.

Guess what, I paid someone to write my english paper. Is it considered plarigism, or not, since I paid for the rights to the paper?

Hmmm, interesting. What do you say judge?

I believe in this wonderful world if you change names that should suffice as not plarigism.
    When I was taking computer science classes, it wouldn't make any difference what you changed -- if you use someone else's work and pass it off as your own, it's an ethics violation. Now, that was years ago, long before your Internet and your MP3's and ripping and burning and your clickety-clickety and such, but I think the same probably still applies today.

if you look at the different OS implementations you will notice there is no real difference between all of the operating systems. Or looking at programming languages, ADA, C/C++, you do everything the same, Instead of a Class, you have a Package, instead of a structure, you have a record. Hmmmm no one plarigerised there (or so the courts say
    I'm afraid that's completely misguided and irrelevant. First of all, there is reverse engineering and there is copying someone else's code. I seriously doubt that Microsoft stole the source code of the ADA compiler (or vice versa) and changed a few things and released it as their own. Reverse engineering is prohibited by the EULA you accept when you install (or open the package of) a program, so that's no right either, but it's a lot harder to prove.

Guess what, I paid someone to write my english paper. Is it considered plarigism, or not, since I paid for the rights to the paper?
    Run that one by your dean of students and see what (s)he as to say about it. I doubt (s)he would have a big laugh and say it's okay because you paid for it. In fact, I bet if you take a look in your school's Fall catalog or schedule of classes or on their website, you'll find a clearly defined ethics policy that specifically prohibits this kind of thing.

I'm not saying it's not done, I'm just saying you shouldn't be so cavalier about it.

As a matter of fact, I went and found this for you:

http://www.shsu.edu/students/guide/d...ofconduct.html

Specifically, section 5.31 (7) and generally 5.32 through 5.35. 5.9 outlines the consequences.

Your pretty good birq.

Save all the whining, I can see this is a sore topic for everyone.

I was merley looking for help, and posted my note on chance to get 2000 GEO's. I would have paid for a tutor if I had money.

To save time on writing, I posted in the form of a game. I see the lotos going around, and other stuff.

One guy asked question and I was honest. Its for a class; programming project (one of the above posts)

Then freak guy accuse me of plagrism/cheating, and well, its obvious he is an easy chain to pull.

I don't think it is cheating if you utilitize a tutor, or something of the likes. Unfortantely for myself, I'm stuck to the world wide web for tutoring resources in programming becuase you don't get any tutor services for my level. Can't go up much. Locally not much around.

So, have a good day gentleman, clearly no one here can program, (expect Mikey).

Oh ya birq,

Do you think that when C was developed that there were no programming languages around? You don't need to steal anything. It is quite simple to build any language translator, linkage, editor, the only thing to translate is English names into computer code, and reserve keywords blah blah blah. So I'm sure many of the developers that developed Java, also new C, ADA, PASCAL, and much much more. Hence they basically copied the data structures from each to each. They all pretty much do inhertence the same way, recursion, and everything else the same way. The difficult part to computer science is not the programming, it is the datastructures for which computers operate on, and there is only so many structures for which data can operate.

Later,
    Rusty Riley

Save all the whining, I can see this is a sore topic for everyone.
    LOL - The members of GEH stand up for honesty and accountability, and whining is the adjective Rusty chooses to describe the replies of people who have values.

Yes send me out to the burning fire. I love the sting.

I was just trying to make the point that you need to understand what you're doing and to not be so flippant about it, that's all. I really don't think anyone was trying to be preachy, and I haven't seen anyone freak out or get too bent out of shape about it. But it's your prerogative; if you don't get it or don't care, c'est la vie, man.