Thread: Atlantis discussion

Default Atlantis discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

As requested in forum. Further info in placeholder description.

49░ 54' 60.00"N, 7░ 3' 60.00"E

Nice one, but I would say that this is the island Santorini
    Association with Atlantis
    Starting with Spyridon Marinatos' 1939 landmark paper, this cataclysm at Santorini and its possibility to have caused the fall of the Minoan Civilization is sometimes regarded as a likely source for Plato's story of Atlantis. The cataclysm of Santorini was certainly the kind of event that could change human ideas of what the gods are capable of, if provoked.

In 1704 an undersea volcano breached the sea surface forming the current centre of activity at Nea Kameni, and eruptions centred on it continueŚthree times in the twentieth century, the last being in 1950. Santorini was also struck by a devastating earthquake in 1956. At some time in the future, it will undoubtedly erupt violently again.
    Maybe I understood this explanation completely wrong...sorry then

Angry The real Atlantis is at?

sorry guys but if you read the historical records, atlantis was a circular formation with 12 towers and METAL walls, the only underwater structure that remotely resembles this is in the ocean just off Venezuela but you cant see it with google due to its resolution...try a swath map to see it instead

Default lol

it's always funny to listen to the people who pay attention in history class lol no offence or anything j/k btw I get good grades in history, but still don't remember anything o well lol.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment