Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army size disparity

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    it IS improbable traveler... what's asked here to make it impossible.

I for one say remove the randomness, no game has it, and add some other things to not make every battle thesame, experience, defense bonus, a bonus for the larger army, a bonus for the winning army etc..

Yup Yup...experienced armies are better than new armies. An attacking army shoudn't know how experienced the army is so therefore it will still kinda be random.....we shouldn't be able to change our army names so the people that pay attention can get a feel for how experienced an army is.

I also think if an attacking army is defeated they should pay some small fee to the defending army....something like a small % of the city value or something like that.

Default hmmm

After I read what I posted I realized that it looked like I was complaining about the current way....I'm not.....sometimes I benefit...sometimes I don't...that's fine...I have just seen several posts about people being upset about it.

I also realized that what I posted had some obvious flaws....

If you add troops to a already existing army the "experience" would start over....this should prevent people from keeping 100 person armies at their home base..then when they get "experienced" add 20k and go kill everyone.

Also, the advantage that an experience army shouldn't be THAT much.

0-7 days = no experience...no advantage
    7-14 days = some experience...3% advantage
    14-21 days = more experience...5% advantage
    etc...etc...

I dunno...again..I'm just babbling

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg
    Yeah battle results like this are frustrating, but has anyone seen js3486 complaining about it??? Or would you have posted this if the battle result was reversed, cowtreky???

Leave it the way it is, chaos is good. I've been on either side of bad results and was only mildly bothered or amused either way.

Basically, how boring would it be if you could walk up to a city and be guaranteed you would win it because you scouted 4,739 troops and you have 4,740 troops....

blitzkrieg
    Of course js3486 in not complaining, neither would I. Howver if the reverse happened I would at least sympathize with the attacker and would probably even post such a thing.

Right now we are still in beta and I understand that. Still is that not what these forums are for.

And just for the record, I do not believe that an attacker with one troop more should win because if that advantage.
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

The city of Tokyo, Japan was attacked by shadowdani. 1 defending army (345,940 troops) was killed in the battle. 142,389 attacking troops were killed. whoknows832 lost the city.
    23:48:22 - November 29th, 2005 The city of New York City, New York, USA was attacked by shadowdani. No defending armies (49,751 troops) were killed in the battle. 225,100 attacking troops were killed. whoknows832 retained control of the city.
    hahahahahahahah those are some great differences....but in total they are almost even now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    hahahahahahahah those are some great differences....but in total they are almost even now.
    haha thats good!

But i think if i used legal earned geos i would complain much. Because thats much (here, dirty ) money that went to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdani
    haha thats good!

But i think if i used legal earned geos i would complain much. Because thats much (here, dirty ) money that went to hell.
    hahahahahha you can say that again. A difference of 200.000 troops in one attack already. 15k geo's. lol.