Thread: What is happening in Lawrence, KS?

Default What is happening in Lawrence, KS?

When I start Google Earth the default position is 38deg57min33.84sec North, 95deg15min55.44sec West - somewhere in Lawrence, Kansas. Any special significance for that choice?

You can set that yourself by opening c:\program files\google eart\default - my places.kmz and using the "google earth default view" to find what you want it to open to and then right-click that placemark and set "snapshot view"

you must have done that by accident at some point the default default view is a zoomed out shot of the whole world with the US in view, I have mine set so Australia is in view but zoomed out to see the whole globe.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue
    When I start Google Earth the default position is 38deg57min33.84sec North, 95deg15min55.44sec West - somewhere in Lawrence, Kansas. Any special significance for that choice?

I think what you're meaning is this is where you end up if you zoom straight in when first opening GE... its actually 40 30 N 96 30 W and just happens to be where you get a good view of the whole globe with the USA most prominent.

T. Can you just go through how to change your default again... I can't quite follow your last post...
    Pinky: Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

Brain: The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron-UK

T. Can you just go through how to change your default again... I can't quite follow your last post...

Don't worry... found it... can't make it work though but will persevere later...
    Pinky: Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

Brain: The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world.