Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have/had multiple accounts.

3 5.17%
  • Yes - I use scripts to cheat.

0 0%
  • Yes - I found another loophole.

0 0%
  • Yes - I Use more than one of the above methods.

1 1.72%
  • No... and cheaters should be kicked from the game.

51 87.93%
  • I refuse to say.

3 5.17%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Cheat?

I presume the same rules as always.. if we bust you, we ban you (all your accounts and your IP) but if you tell us about a hole you found (without actually using it to your own benefit - too much) we reward you.. I think after the next reset we will be really clamping down on the cheaters, checking all accounts and so on.. lots of work, but it'll keep the game fairer.

T.

but how do you know if someone has multiple accounts?

i think that's the biggest problem right now.

i know this isn't the right forum for it but it's somewhat related so:

in my oppinion money transfers should be only between alliance members. aliances should have a cap on the number of people in them. you should only be able to join an alliance once per month.

as far as my limited vision allows me to see, this would solve the largest area of cheating.

speedfreak227

The city of Tokyo, Japan was attacked by thundering herd. 1 defending army (21,530 troops) was killed in the battle. 23,580 attacking troops were killed. Volli82 retained control of the city.

thundering herd joined 19/11/05 and attacked Tokyo on 21/11/05 with considerable force.

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...p?userid=35463

Jewel hunts like crazy for 2 days and sends 23,580 troops against the walls of Tokyo, quickly followed by members of UN Cell 2, who had previously never had eyes for East Asia. What am I deducing, my dear Watson?

The city of Tokyo, Japan was attacked by goobygirl. 1 defending army (18,390 troops) was killed in the battle. 15,713 attacking troops were killed. Volli82 lost the city.
    goobygirl also joined 19/11/05 and attacked Tokyo on 21/11/05 with more considerable force - more than 15,713 as "she" won the city.

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...p?userid=35484

goobgirl is in UN Cell 2 alliance so "she" clearly is a team player as she abandoned the city for WILDCAT1976 within 5 minutes of occupying. Very noble considering how much jeweling is needed for a player to amass that large a force (in 2 days since joining). Also being such a selfless team player, goobygirl then threw the rest of her forces against Seoul, South Korea.

And now the clincher;

Details as at 17-11-05 (4 days ago)

WILDCAT1976 0 (0) 158.18 (0.01) 0 (0)
    Hoorah77 5 (10,500) 199.67 (157.38) 0 (0)
    CosaNostra1977 0 (0) 0.01 (229.59) 0 (0)
    Orion1015 3 (3,016) 36.91 (1,335.05) 0 (0)
    Harbinger ? joined 17/11/05
    dubkie ? joined 22/10/05
    Chappy Dawson? joined 1/11/05
    and goobygirl we already know.

Ok guys, care to explain the glaring problems I see before me?

Blitz; We are looking into it, thanks

I'll let you know more as the investigation evolves. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

T.
    Last edited by araT; 11-21-2005 at 04:29 AM.

I see. Does honesty count?
    Last edited by anthonywitt; 11-21-2005 at 10:58 AM.

[QUOTE=anthonywitt]I see that all of those that play the game and have voted do not script

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    I see. Does honesty count?
    Absolutely

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Absolutely

T.
    Well I guess so but I will say I have hacked the game a few times.....did Mickey ever tell you about the time I depostied 6,000,000 geos in his account.....hehe. Ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    Well I guess so but I will say I have hacked the game a few times.....did Mickey ever tell you about the time I depostied 6,000,000 geos in his account.....hehe. Ask him.
    I remember hearing about that!

And yeah, but you owned up to that and you even told us where the holes were and how to fix it.. (if I recall correctly) what we are hunting are the abusive cheaters, the ones who have found a hole & keep it to themselves so they can make more money without us knowing. those are the ones we will be banning...

Heed this as a warning cheaters.. tell us where the holes are or face the consiquences!

T.

Default Suspected Cheater

A few of us in the RCMP have noticed some VERY odd stuff going on, all surrounding one particular player.

I will not mention all of the accounts that have been involved in suspicious activity, except for the one that we all agree is deffinately very very suspect.

Flyswatter joined on NOV-18th. Flyswatter then proceeded to wipe out all of my cities, along with over 30k men, ON NOV-18th!

We have absolutely NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that the Flyswatter account is a cheat account.

We also highly suspect this to be a multiple account managed by Billy Mac.

Based on events between us and Billy Mac, the attack by Flyswatter could have been nothing but a retaliation by, or on behalf of, Billy Mac.

There are 2 additional clues: BillyMac moved what armies he had left in the east (We were making a point that had to be made) out to Seattle and Vancouver. These armies just hid out there, did not attack for well over a day. In the end, he attacked van with 2 of the armies, sent the rest back east. Look at the stats on those attacks, BM took vancouver with less than 200 men, and immediately abandoned. ALSO, Billy sent those armies DIRECTLY to vancouver. Billy NEVER does that. He always uses the home base sneak.

Also is the name of the account in question, Flyswatter. Quite the coincidence considering the timing and the nature of Flyswatter's attack.

There is at least collusion going on here, and at least one fraudulent account. Flyswatter may not be BillyMac, but something is absolutely going on.

Now, at the same time as Flyswatter was rampaging, there were other odd things going on with some other accounts, directly related to BillyMac and or Flyswatter. None of this is as deffinate, so no accusations are being made. HOWEVER, there may very well be obvious suspicious activity that could be seen in the logs.

Cheating sucks. It ruins the game for everyone. Even you cheaters, if you could see past the end of your own nose.

A lot of accounts were created from 17-11 till 19-11 and those seem to have infinite money supply.
    I know it's not allowed to accuse people(but i'm not naming names), but my guess is someone found a hole but didn't want to use its own name so created fake accounts.
    It's been done a lot in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    A lot of accounts were created from 17-11 till 19-11 and those seem to have infinite money supply.
    I know it's not allowed to accuse people(but i'm not naming names), but my guess is someone found a hole but didn't want to use its own name so created fake accounts.
    It's been done a lot in the past.
    How does one address cheaters without levying accusations?
    I agree, they shouldn't just be thrown around, but when it all adds up it's time to get someone else to look into the problem.

And yes, there is something about those dates. All 4 of the accounts I suspect to be fraudulent were created in that timeperiod. Again, I'm only mentioning the ones that we are 99% positive of.

hmm traveler, i'm not sure as what you're trying to prove here imitating blitz's brilliant study into the cheating business.

aperently the name flyswatter is significant, as you're obviously flies. i get that.

but then the nonsense starts, so flyswatter took vancouver, Billy scouts vancouver with 100 man army, then proceeds to take it with 200 men.

Billy has always been someone with pretty loose ties to cities, and now because he saw a target in NY and proceeded to take it, so he got his army out of vancouver.

what exactly do you find wrong in this? especially because Billy Mac has been attacked by 5 of you guys for weeks now.

so attacking 5 to 1 isnt enough? you have to accuse him of cheating as well?

well, id go on, but there's no nice things to say here..

hey araT, i'm curious........ how do you ban someone?

if you mean that you delete their account, can't they just start a new one 30 seconds later? other than making them start from scratch what real punishment is there for a cheater?

speedfreak227

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    How does one address cheaters without levying accusations?
    If you want to levy accusations, please do it via PM. We don't need everyone crying about cheaters on the message boards. If you think someone is cheating, please PM one of the mods or Mickey with the suspect and your PROOF.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak227
    hey araT, i'm curious........ how do you ban someone?

if you mean that you delete their account, can't they just start a new one 30 seconds later? other than making them start from scratch what real punishment is there for a cheater?
    Their account gets deleted and their IP address gets banned as well.