Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Cities...

Default Invisible Cities...

Am trying to locate a couple of cities owned by Volli82 but they don't show up on Google Earth... is this a new type of Area 51 super shield he is using?
    If everything is coming your way... then maybe you are in the wrong lane.

there are a few cities that are like this, including those owned by Lukepuuk and Tukamotton.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner
    Am trying to locate a couple of cities owned by Volli82 but they don't show up on Google Earth... is this a new type of Area 51 super shield he is using?

seems like a bug, it was allready reported to mickey.
    but it seems like you found a city of mine

So do we now have to play GACwar (Alpha Centauri) to take those cities?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jammo
    So do we now have to play GACwar (Alpha Centauri) to take those cities?!?
    Yes, didn't you check www.gacwar.com yet?

They are actually still there....but cloaked...all that has changed is the color and shape of the city as you can choose from your gewar page...but the thing is that there are more options, if you know how to choose em
    Not what Mickey wanted, and this is just to show that it's very easy to do so he can fix it before coming out of beta(as more people have discovered and used this before us).

Heehee. We got a n00b going.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

no, i just forgot the after my comment!!

Playing around with these functions can be really good for the game I think.
    For example: If mickey had made changes to the game that only allows attacks in Google Earth, then it would be hard to attack us as the new trick even took the name of the city away. You can't click on it anymore.

Thumbs down

Okay enough of the childish games. Its hard to plan an attack on a city when you can't even see how many armies there is the city. This is a form of cheating in my opinion. Its also not too encouraging for the new players who thought they would have a chance in the game.
    If everything is coming your way... then maybe you are in the wrong lane.

Okay enough of the childish games. Its hard to plan an attack on a city when you can't even see how many armies there is the city. This is a form of cheating in my opinion. Its also not too encouraging for the new players who thought they would have a chance in the game.
    imho: as long as its not been fixed - use it. I would love to help fixing such stuff. fixing such a bug would not take more than a couple of minutes. but as long as there is only one programmer on it...

Um...you know, if you look on the GEWar page, you know, it tells you how many armies are in a city. Unless you rely for GE for all your information, there's nothing we're really hiding.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by bueth
    imho: as long as its not been fixed - use it. I would love to help fixing such stuff. fixing such a bug would not take more than a couple of minutes. but as long as there is only one programmer on it...
    Yes exactly. These things actually help the game.
    You don't want this to happen when you can't attack cities in internet explorer anymore(if that even comes through) or when it comes out of beta... so I'd encourage everyone to try and find holes, as long as you report them to Mickey right away.

Now my guess is that Mickey will have this fixed within days and then the game will only be more stable then before.

Default off topic

but why there is no way to contribute in this project? mickey could create a cvs version for the interested to help speeding up the development of the game. has no one ever asked this question?

i agree bueth, or maby help monitor bank transfers or something (i know noone trusts anyone else with this but maby other things can be found).

but he'd probably have to give the code, and doing so open it up to hackers.