Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ehm.

Default ehm.

are all these huge armies etc looked into? this would be a perfect time to weed out any cheaters? but everywhere i look i see HUGE battles, and i believe the only person legitimatly having huge armies is Tukamotton

yes, that's right, a lot of cheaters in the game. one hole and you can start taking over the world or what? something's wrong here

We've actually got several people underinvestigation right now (thanks to all those who have PM'd me with info) and that is part of the reason for the reset hold up (I think). We want to plug any holes/bugs that they have exploited before the reset occurs.

I can assure you they are not going unchecked.

right thanks, good to know someone is up there looking down on us

Well Beezer the hole was a dangerous hole. I am glad it is fixed and that the ones that found it did no damage. I wish they had not used what they found to gain in the game. I guess its okay to exploit a find and then tell...not the way it used to be.

Anyway I am glad it is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    We've actually got several people underinvestigation right now (thanks to all those who have PM'd me with info) and that is part of the reason for the reset hold up (I think). We want to plug any holes/bugs that they have exploited before the reset occurs.

I can assure you they are not going unchecked.
    Why then have the people who have found a loophole and exploited it (and admitted it on these very forums) not had their armies reduced as has happened in the past??

Quote Originally Posted by roswelljam
    Why then have the people who have found a loophole and exploited it (and admitted it on these very forums) not had their armies reduced as has happened in the past??
    Give us a break, would you? We are trying to sort all this out as fast as we can and answering all these posts hassling us is only slowing us down. Everything will return to normal soon enough.

T.

Unhappy Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Give us a break, would you? We are trying to sort all this out as fast as we can and answering all these posts hassling us is only slowing us down. Everything will return to normal soon enough.

T.
    Didn't mean to come across so badly. Hope you accept my (humble) apologies.

Sorry, I'm grumpy too.. every time I refresh this page I have another 10 PMs telling me about the same old cheater apologies accepted, and I hope you accept mine too

T.

Default Thanks.

Sorry, I'm grumpy too.. every time I refresh this page I have another 10 PMs telling me about the same old cheater apologies accepted, and I hope you accept mine too

T.
    No problem. Your efforts are much appreciated!! Have one on me when you get a spare minute!

T.
    Just a suggestion...

I believe the problem that causes the most frustration for people is feeling like they are in the dark when issues like this come up. Some of us know and trust that the powers that be are dealing with the issue, but others don't see anything happening and aren't being told differently so get frustrated.

It's a matter of visibility.

I'd suggest that keeping discussions about issues like this confined to private channels tends to foster frustration and anxiety in some people. Keeping people well informed on issues like this would likely result in less frustration on all parts as then you wouldn't be getting PM'd all the time about it, and you wouldn't have to keep slapping people for discussing it amongst themselves.

Maybe posting a new sticky in the cheating forum whenever an issue like this comes up and is being investigated would be good. Lock it to Mods only if you like to discourage trash talk about any possible parties involved, but keep people well in formed, please!

agreed, what you now see is people PMing, and then posting on the forums when they get no response.

actually its better, cause you see patterns faster (like the time with the 4 cheaters).

i for one wouldnt mind me being posted when i'm suspected of cheating. If i know im innocent, i dont really care. and people who save up 1000's of geo's to spend it at once are crazy anyways, they have no rights

Quote Originally Posted by roswelljam
    Mickey is the only one with access to the database to change all that stuff. And given everything else that is going on in his world at the moment, that may not be a top priority for him. I'll talk to him today about dishing out some punishment to the cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    Just a suggestion...

I believe the problem that causes the most frustration for people is feeling like they are in the dark when issues like this come up. Some of us know and trust that the powers that be are dealing with the issue, but others don't see anything happening and aren't being told differently so get frustrated.

It's a matter of visibility.

I'd suggest that keeping discussions about issues like this confined to private channels tends to foster frustration and anxiety in some people. Keeping people well informed on issues like this would likely result in less frustration on all parts as then you wouldn't be getting PM'd all the time about it, and you wouldn't have to keep slapping people for discussing it amongst themselves.

Maybe posting a new sticky in the cheating forum whenever an issue like this comes up and is being investigated would be good. Lock it to Mods only if you like to discourage trash talk about any possible parties involved, but keep people well in formed, please!
    I actually like this idea. A forum that only mods can post in that gives an update on all the cheating issues floating around. I'll see what I can do about this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    right thanks, good to know someone is up there looking down on us
    I try to look down on you whenever I have the chance T.......

The thing is that a lot of people's names would be posted while they were just really working hard.
    And this forum is not the place for that, keep that clean.
    There is a Blame the Cheater section on the forum in my signature...and it's used too.
    That way you can still get rid of frustration and others can defend themselves to clean the air again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    and people who save up 1000's of geo's to spend it at once are crazy anyways, they have no rights
    You keep saying things like that.

Why, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to convince the noobs that saving geos is a waste of time so that you could go back to holding cities without jewelling.

Nah, couldn't be