Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invisible Cities...

Oh come on now... when you are even hiding your home base... that is beyond cheating. Lets remove these little tricks and level the playing field. No wonder we all these people registered but don't play.
    If everything is coming your way... then maybe you are in the wrong lane.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner
    Oh come on now... when you are even hiding your home base... that is beyond cheating. Lets remove these little tricks and level the playing field. No wonder we all these people registered but don't play.
    It actually isn't cheating. The option is right there in front of you but you don't see it yet. Nobody is hacking the system here.
    They are just choosing a color for the city which option can't be seen.
    But I do think that as soon as Mickey has seen it(to be sure he knows what we are talking about) we should go back to normal. But only as soon as he's seen what this option does so he can make sure it doesn't happen again.

i do think this kinda proves mickey doesnt read the forums here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    It actually isn't cheating. The option is right there in front of you but you don't see it yet. Nobody is hacking the system here.
    They are just choosing a color for the city which option can't be seen.
    But I do think that as soon as Mickey has seen it(to be sure he knows what we are talking about) we should go back to normal. But only as soon as he's seen what this option does so he can make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Cheating? No. Exploiting? Yes.
    I have to agree that this shouldn't continue on. No one has to be actively using an exploit for Mickey to be informed about it and fix it.

Instead of attempting to set Mickey up for failure here by making the info available, but not actually giving it to him and rather making him come and find it, would be to not tell the whole world about it, and PM Mickey directly about the issue, with all info available pertaining to the hack.

Don't set Mickey up like this. I can't imagine that Mickey appreciates it at all.

We actually didn't. I pm'ed mickey about it and he actually thought the trick was funny. He was working on it right away.
    And this thread was not started by any of us and we didn't tell everyone how to do it. They figured it out right away themselves.
    But nobody is setting mickey up here. I think he might be out of town or something and I was waiting for him to let me know he saw the latest one where the placemark dissapears from the globe so he makes sure it doesn't happen again.
    I for one will change back right away when he's seen it. This invisibility holds no real advantage and i've been attacked numerous times since that.
    But nobody here was like 'let mickey find this thread himself' as the first thing i did was PM him.

ps: as its Beta everyone was encouraged to find holes, as long as you PM them right away. Thats the only way all bugs will be gone before the game comes out of beta.

I pm'ed mickey the link(that causes this) and what exactly happens, so that should be enough info. Changed my cities back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bueth
    but why there is no way to contribute in this project? mickey could create a cvs version for the interested to help speeding up the development of the game. has no one ever asked this question?
    If a developing team will be founded, i'd be glad to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    i agree bueth, or maby help monitor bank transfers or something (i know noone trusts anyone else with this but maby other things can be found).

but he'd probably have to give the code, and doing so open it up to hackers.
    Sharing the code leads in most cases to a better product, noone can find all her/his mistakes

Oh, alright. I joined Lukepuuk and brought my cities back to visible.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterNeff
    Sharing the code leads in most cases to a better product, noone can find all her/his mistakes
    darn hippy.

and i agree, but the ones who'll have acces to the code should be trusted by all. At the moment, i know of none (except mods) we all trust. let alone a few.

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    Cheating? No. Exploiting? Yes.
    I have to agree that this shouldn't continue on. No one has to be actively using an exploit for Mickey to be informed about it and fix it.

Instead of attempting to set Mickey up for failure here by making the info available, but not actually giving it to him and rather making him come and find it, would be to not tell the whole world about it, and PM Mickey directly about the issue, with all info available pertaining to the hack.

Don't set Mickey up like this. I can't imagine that Mickey appreciates it at all.
    Well it can still be done...must not be high on Mickey's list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    Well it can still be done...must not be high on Mickey's list of things to do.
    In fact, in a PM Mickey even stated it was funny, which proves he hasn't lost his sense of humor over this
    But I did not want to upset any other players so I did change the color of the city back.

I like to be sight unseen.

I am glad Mickey thinks its funny because there is alot of things going on thats is not funny.