Thread: Places in former Yugoslavia

Question Places in former Yugoslavia

I've notices strange thing about hi-res areas in former Yugoslavia. Only 4 out of 6 capitals are in hi-res, but lots of small towns and even inhabitted areas are! Also a few border passes are in hi-res!

Who from Google gets these hi-res images?

Example from Bosnia: Tuzla (160,000 population) is in lo-res, but only airport (6 miles away) and surrounding places are in hi-res? Who is taking pictures only of airports and not from the cities?
    Igor Irić
    New Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro

Default list of places

List of hi-res cities and town in former Yugoslavia on 26th of November, 2005:

Serbia
    Belgrade and surrounding places: Nova Pazova, Padinska Skela, Borca, Ovca, Kaludjerica, Dobanovci, Surcin, Jakovo, Ostruznica, Umka, Obrenovac, Sremcica, Rusanj, Pinosava, Ripanj, Vrcin, lestane, Bolec; Ljubovija; Urosevac; Kacanik

Montenegro
    none

FYRO Macedonia
    Skopje
    and Saraj; Brazda

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Bratunac and Svojat; near Tuzla Dubrave (upper and lower,) and Tojsici; Bijeljina and Velika Obarska; Brcko; Doboj and Tesanj, Lukavica; Pale and Koran (no Sarajevo!); Konjic and Bijela; Bosanska Kostajnica and Dobrljin; Velika Kladusa and Mala Kladusa, Podzvizd

Croatia
    Dubrovnik; Split
    and Solin; Zadar and Biograd; Porec; Zageb and Velika Gorica, Sesvete,

Slovenia
    Izola; Ljubljana
    and Vnanje Gorice, Ig, Skofljica, Brezovica, Medvode, Trzin
    Igor Irić

I'm eagerly waiting for Opatija Area/Kvarner Bay in Hirez, or even better whole Istria ; )

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iricigor
    I've notices strange thing about hi-res areas in former Yugoslavia. Only 4 out of 6 capitals are in hi-res, but lots of small towns and even inhabitted areas are! Also a few border passes are in hi-res!

Who from Google gets these hi-res images?

Example from Bosnia: Tuzla (160,000 population) is in lo-res, but only airport (6 miles away) and surrounding places are in hi-res? Who is taking pictures only of airports and not from the cities?
    Read this

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Default source

I know that I can't ask for more cities. I and was not asking for it.

My point was that only military interesting places are in hi-res, at least in my part of world!
    I wanted to discuss what are the "variety of sources" that Google gets imagery from?
    Igor Irić