Thread: Mexico Metro is my original file!

Unhappy Mexico Metro is my original file!

Hi there,

I don't want to be too, how to put it, "difficult" about this, but the file

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...o-(Simple).htm

is basically a copy of my original file,

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...tro-System.htm

with all the text stripped out. This metro map took me many hours to create and perfect, and I'm a little peeved that someone just took it and made a minor change to it, after all the work I put into it. I'm glad that someone thought it was good enough for them to actually want to make a simpler/smaller version of it for convenience's sake, but I dunno, they could have asked me about it, you know? Or maybe given me a little credit. I check my file every day to see how many people downloaded, because I'm actually quite proud of my work, as I'm sure many of you would understand.

So, what would I like? Taking it down would be too extreme, and again, I'm flattered that someone thought it worthwile to make the file "lighter"... So, maybe a link to the original file? Or maybe some credit, at the very least? What do you guys think (site mods, especially).

Thank you for listening to me!

Richardmtl

Hey Richard;

thanks for pointing this out to us, (a) we dont like having duplicate files, and (b) we dont like thieves.. consider it deleted

Sorry that it ever made it through the cracks..

T.

Talking Thanks!

Thank you very much for your quick response. I'm glad to see that my work was not completely in vain.

On another note: if I wanted to make some corrections to my original file and I uploaded it, would I lose the number of d/l and the votes associated with it?

Thanks again!

Richard; Just attach the new file here using the "manage attachments" button down the bottom or the new post window and i'll update the .kmz for you - you wont lose any of your votes or d/ls that way

T.