Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ehm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    The thing is that a lot of people's names would be posted while they were just really working hard.
    And this forum is not the place for that, keep that clean.
    There is a Blame the Cheater section on the forum in my signature...and it's used too.
    That way you can still get rid of frustration and others can defend themselves to clean the air again.
    No, not necessarily, that would not be good either of course, and I believe that is the exact problem the mods are trying to avoid.

If they were posted by mods in locked threads, at first they would just post about the cheat itself, what it entails, what they're doing to figure it out...then updates as they proceed. The only time I'd expect they _might_ post someones name is if they find one guilty of cheating and ban them or clean up their damage or whatever. In that case, it's just informing us of facts, it's not baseless accusations.

I think saving up geo's is one form of strategy.
    It's not crazy, it's a tactic.
    Those who can go through a boring time of saving geo's and putting it in the bank instead of having fun are actually very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    You keep saying things like that.

Why, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to convince the noobs that saving geos is a waste of time so that you could go back to holding cities without jewelling.

Nah, couldn't be
    sssshhhh!

no seriously, ive always been bitching against the saving up kinda fighting style and i will keep doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    The thing is that a lot of people's names would be posted while they were just really working hard.
    And this forum is not the place for that, keep that clean.
    There is a Blame the Cheater section on the forum in my signature...and it's used too.
    That way you can still get rid of frustration and others can defend themselves to clean the air again.
    Obviously, we wouldn't go posting people's names. But more along the lines of what the hole/bug/cheat is, and the status of getting it fixed.

beezer maby start now and here,

some people have confessed having found a hole in the system, why do they still have armies? they took over the world instead of just reporting it. making 30k troops or something to get something out of it is oke, but this is crazy?

should i just give up because they could have given themselves a million geo's? we havnt been told what the hole was, maby they're earning 1000s of interest a day.

Would one of you mods please explain to the readers That this game is in beta. Holes need to be found. All must be reported to Mickey. Report as soon as they are found.

For example: A few of us found a hole in the bank but I used the geos for gain before I spoke up (I cheated) and the out come was a ban for myself. I was lucky and Mickey let me back in the game after three days of Talking to him. The second time I found a hole and took 6,000,000 geos I reproted it to Mickey he thanked me and I went on playing. I did not use it to destroy new players (thats cheating). I did buy mines and made some interest off the geos and was allowed to keep it though it was not much.

Mickey explained that this was a beta game and these activities help him in his goal in bring it out of beta.

You find a hole report it to beezer, araT or mickey. Doing this keeps it from the fourms...unless the need to bragg is strong.
    Dont find a hole and kill everyone and then report because this makes you a cheater.

With the resorces I have and with the jewels I can collect it is not impossable to put 1000 geos in my bank every day. Alot of players do this and some put twice that in thier bank. Hard work pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Obviously, we wouldn't go posting people's names. But more along the lines of what the hole/bug/cheat is, and the status of getting it fixed.
    Right....Mickey needs this info to plug the holes and fix the bugs. This is are job as players, hackers and scripters...let Mickey know and help Mickey reach his goal, after all it is a great game and he working hard to make it better...so lets help out by reporting what we find.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    Would one of you mods please explain to the readers That this game is in beta. Holes need to be found. All must be reported to Mickey. Report as soon as they are found.

For example: A few of us found a hole in the bank but I used the geos for gain before I spoke up (I cheated) and the out come was a ban for myself. I was lucky and Mickey let me back in the game after three days of Talking to him. The second time I found a hole and took 6,000,000 geos I reproted it to Mickey he thanked me and I went on playing. I did not use it to destroy new players (thats cheating). I did buy mines and made some interest off the geos and was allowed to keep it though it was not much.

Mickey explained that this was a beta game and these activities help him in his goal in bring it out of beta.

You find a hole report it to beezer, araT or mickey. Doing this keeps it from the fourms...unless the need to bragg is strong.
    Dont find a hole and kill everyone and then report because this makes you a cheater.

With the resorces I have and with the jewels I can collect it is not impossable to put 1000 geos in my bank every day. Alot of players do this and some put twice that in thier bank. Hard work pays.

AMEN to Anthony
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtreky
    AMEN to Anthony

I agree...Just wish I had the knowledge to find "bugs", "holes", etc..like everyone else....I am beginning to think I am the only person playing the game that isn't a computer genius

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt

I completely agree with this.. And as of now I will be taking a hardball approach to this, any reports I hear of misuse I will be throwing an instant ban on.

Do as Anthony says or risk losing your place in the game and on these forums.

As for telling you all about the holes and such, I'm afraid we often don't know much and by the time we do it's already been dealt with. I dont want to put the holes up here on the forums before I know they are 100% fixed in fear that more of our users will abuse it. as far as I can tell the last hole we encountered has been closed, and we are trying to figure out how to repremand the cheater - this may have already been done, I've just gotten up from 10 hours of sleep.

T.
    Last edited by araT; 12-01-2005 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT1976
    I agree...Just wish I had the knowledge to find "bugs", "holes", etc..like everyone else....I am beginning to think I am the only person playing the game that isn't a computer genius
    Everyone thinks I am..... but rest assured; you are not alone....

if i have to do anything other than play games or browse the internet then i have no idea what is going on!!!

i couldn't find a bug if one of my armies tripped over it marching off to their doom (which is what has been happening lately)

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT1976
    All have something to give to the game. Suggestions are just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by jammo
    if i have to do anything other than play games or browse the internet then i have no idea what is going on!!!

i couldn't find a bug if one of my armies tripped over it marching off to their doom (which is what has been happening lately)
    Hey jammo just play and have fun. You think of something you would like changed there is a thread for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    I completely agree with this.. And as of now I will be taking a hardball approach to this, any reports I hear of misuse I will be throwing an instant ban on.

Do as Anthony says or risk losing your place in the game and on these forums.

As for telling you all about the holes and such, I'm afraid we often don't know much and by the time we do it's already been dealt with. I dont want to put the holes up here on the forums before I know they are 100% fixed in fear that more of our users will abuse it. as far as I can tell the last hole we encountered has been closed, and we are trying to figure out how to repremand the cheater - this may have already been done, I've just gotten up from 10 hours of sleep.

T.
    i'm sorry, but i still see some of the people who reported the hole and used it with huge armies? these are legal? i just want to know this otherwise attacking would be futile indeed.