Dial-up vs. saved cache?
I really want to show my family this next week, but they only have dial-up (ugh)... so is there a way to tranfer the cache and not have it auto-update when viewing?
(install it, then load the cache, then only view areas that were previously viewed on a broadband connection)
What works for me is:
- set the memory and disk cache to the max.
- zoom in at the area I want to demonstrate
- unplug the internet connection and wait for the warning dialog of GEarth
- hibernate the laptop
- resume from hibernation at the offline family activity
- fly around and hope that GEarth doesn't crash
I hope you can get a laptop before next week.