Thread: Armies travelling speed

Default Armies travelling speed

I thought maybe the travelling speed of the armies should be increased whenever the next reset is, it can take hours to get from one place to a another rellatively close place. From my home base it take 8 hours to get round half the globe.

Maybe it's just me who thinks they travel slowly, what does everyone else think?

Thanks.

actually i think they travel quite fast.

somewhere in this forum is a post of someone (i believe blitz) proposing waypoint systems, and me blabbing on about making those faster then normal travel and even slowing down normal travel. so that you have real "frontlines". Maby even more severe, by making armies take losses on far trips.

but enough hijacking your post. i dont think armies should move faster.
    Never ever ever!

Or maybe armies of larger sizes (1000's) travel slower then those of just in the hundreds?
    So smaller armies travel faster then larger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownation11
    Or maybe armies of larger sizes (1000's) travel slower then those of just in the hundreds?
    I think that's been mentioned too.

While I agree, it can be a pain to get places, this does add an element of strategy into placing your base. Decide what cities you want to take, and place your base accordingly.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Yea it has been mentioned.. But still a very good idea that is worth being brought up again.
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody"
    -Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, 1981

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (27░22'34.69"S, 152░59'18.54"E)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownation11
    The only problem (if you can call it that) is that the defender will then know if the army is large or not. This will leed to armies leaving cities because they know they will lose. It takes the element of surprise away.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:

More interesting then a Drive-by Shooting

or its a small strike force of elite ninja sniper helicopters!
    Never ever ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo
    The only problem (if you can call it that) is that the defender will then know if the army is large or not. This will leed to armies leaving cities because they know they will lose. It takes the element of surprise away.
    Perhaps you could be able to determine the speed of your armies. Meaning, you could go faster, but you would have the option of having go much slower, if you want to confuse people.
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendo
    Perhaps not having variable speeds like 1rst - 5th gear depending on the size of the army but rather jack rabbit for armies under 1500 troops and turtle for armies for 1501 troops and beyond. Even a newbie can create an army 1500 troops easily.

The fun part of it is, if their is a surrender button during an attack (meaning they lose the city it would be fun to watch them run away like a jack rabbit.

Just my thoughts
    One foot in the stirup, the other on the transporter pad.