Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homebases

Default Homebases

Here my suggestions:

1.- Colors to the homebases such the cities.
    2.- Resize armies in homebases of allies.
    3.- Attacks Shield free to noobs (until 1 week) then disappear it.
    4.- Nuke shields free to noobs (until 1 month) then disappear it.
    5.- Shields caducity (to Cities and homebases).
    6.- Game Over for who has zero armies inside his homebase
    7.- Allow allies inside homebases.

Here my reasons:

1.- Fast detection when someone will attack you or some allie city.
    2.- Will help new alliances moving armies till reach any target (homebase or city).
    3.- Protection to newbies who begins to know the game, they have one week to know it while collecting resources, after the one week, they will buy protection to their homebases (Will help new alliances).
    4.- Of course! My vote for nuke homebases.
    5.- My wish since before the last reset.
    6.- The One Million USD Suggestion!... In this point the users are obliged to keep activity having to take care of their homebases for not to be expelled of the game (Mickey: Paying to reentry?)
    7.- For protecion and to keep one army inside to survive in the game.

I think are excellent suggestion, however I think once there are no armies in a home base one should have a limited amount of time to create an army or the game will be over, this will also increase activity, knowing that ones home base may have been attacked one would go online often to check their home bases status.

Only 6 i don't agree on and neither did Mickey in previous posts.
    The thing is we don't want to lose any members.
    The game should flourish and this way you would kick people really out of the game.

I like it. Except No. 6, of course. The homebase idea has been a bit mishandled. It should have some element of strategy.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

then make 6 another punishment.

and might i add that 6 only counts if you have no cities? that way you dont have to protect your homebase when you've grown large enough to take a city (any city).
    Never ever ever!

The homebase is a wonderful fallback if you're not big enough to take and hold a city. It should stay, armies in it or not.
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

but you should still be able to be attacked even without cities.
    Never ever ever!

If you don't receive recources when you reach 2500 geos and have no cities, then you shouldn't be able to secretly develop huge armies.
    So attacking a homebase becomes less important.

you're caving already! got to push through now!
    Never ever ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    If you don't receive recources when you reach 2500 geos and have no cities, then you shouldn't be able to secretly develop huge armies.
    So attacking a homebase becomes less important.
    Yes, I like the way this is going. Once someone has 2500 geos, in hand + banked. They should not be able to collect more resources (always stays on 0) and the rest of the resources effectively get wasted, mines/wells/fields still expire, but you don't get any resources in your silos until you have taken a city (call it storage issues). It will need to be worked in with a 5 minute check script that first looks at city ownership, if 0, then adds up money in bank and on hand, then adds amount of resources uncashed in and if that equals 2500 or higher, no resources are added to the player. I guess they should be allowed to jewel hunt..... Also maybe it could take their army into account, if they have one, at the current troop cost, it has a geo value. Also, if someone just lost their last city and they have 5000 in the bank, they don't lose it, they just stop getting any more resources.

Thoughts? Fake accounts saving for a few months and striking a massive surprise attack are a problem that this will solve to a degree.

Exactly how I meant it Blitz.
    They still expire but give nothing if you don't own a city.
    The armies can be put into that too. Though armies will be costing money as well, so not owning cities will lower your bank account already.
    And indeed will solve the FA problem a little.
    Not totally as they can still reach 2500, but with that they can't do a massive attack, and more fake accounts will be noticed, especially if we beef up the IP checks.

I like it, and even think a jeweling value decrease would be in order.

ofcourse cities would have to be added when more players arive (not needed now i think).
    Never ever ever!

I dont like it....The only chance a new person has is to save up and attack......of course if I was current or former NAR member I would love the idea..because that has been the only way people have had any success against them....

I do however agree it would cut down on fake accounts but there's got to be a better way....If I get a small city w/plans to build it up for a larger attack but before I do that my city is taken I get completely screwed...

So if I'm planning on going on a week vacation somewhere I would have to use up all geos prior to leaving or have my resources wasted?????

in addition....

what's wrong w/building up a large army for a sneak attack?????

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT1976
    I dont like it....The only chance a new person has is to save up and attack......of course if I was current or former NAR member I would love the idea..because that has been the only way people have had any success against them....

I do however agree it would cut down on fake accounts but there's got to be a better way....If I get a small city w/plans to build it up for a larger attack but before I do that my city is taken I get completely screwed...

So if I'm planning on going on a week vacation somewhere I would have to use up all geos prior to leaving or have my resources wasted?????
    No just keep some troops in a city...or you miss a few days of recources...
    The problem i thought off is that someone can just sit there for months doing nothing, and then kick all players out of the game in one sweep. That would hurt the game.
    And with 2500geos you could take a very small city and your recources would be going again. That shouldn't be too hard.
    Then you can still save up.
    It's just meant against fake accounts, and people who have no time except just buying mines and wells and just save up for 6 months and then become invincible. Especially if you have a team of players doing that.
    On this account, you just have to look into the future and see how it would hurt the game.