Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Anti-NAR Pact

If there was no reset, eventually you would win this I think.

wayward, Riyadh was giving me about 2000 a day, so no inflation there.

And i believe ive made luke aware enough of the problems of sky rocketing interest and i wont rest until it is handled.

I dont like the empire founding anymore then you do, so somewhere i'm hoping the server will return to a few alliances in equal strenght battling each other. for now its server vs NAR, but i hope that it'll return to that. This is not a nice situation for a noob, having to chose sides.

Also ive always been against us "enlisting" new people, because at one time i think we and our allies controlled every city, there was nothing to do anymore

but ofcourse this wont stop me from putting up the best fight i can, its all your jobs to ensure this wont happen after reset

*edit*
    ofcourse they'd win this without a reset, the only advantage we have of city taxes and bonus cities is easily compensated by the huge numbers thrown against us (and taking away the cities and bonus cities doesnt help either )
    *edit*
    Never ever ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    Yes, even a lot in the NAR(imagine if they had all been playing).

I just hope people don't think the game has no point if they don't defeat the NAR this time before the reset.
    Me too.

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO HIT THE GUYS THAT ARE GETTING BIGGER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE IN THE FUTURE!!!

(Oops, I said that too loud didn't I

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie

And i believe ive made luke aware enough of the problems of sky rocketing interest and i wont rest until it is handled.

I dont like the empire founding anymore then you do, so somewhere i'm hoping the server will return to a few alliances in equal strenght battling each other. for now its server vs NAR, but i hope that it'll return to that. This is not a nice situation for a noob, having to chose sides.

Also ive always been against us "enlisting" new people, because at one time i think we and our allies controlled every city, there was nothing to do anymore

but ofcourse this wont stop me from putting up the best fight i can, its all your jobs to ensure this wont happen after reset

*edit*
    ofcourse they'd win this without a reset, the only advantage we have of city taxes and bonus cities is easily compensated by the huge numbers thrown against us (and taking away the cities and bonus cities doesnt help either )
    *edit*
    Yeah, I think it was only atlanta that got inflated.

And it's nice to hear a couple of you saying that given time, we _are_ on the right track. This is good to know for the future of the game. Combined with smarter playing from the outset and closing some minor holes, we should be able to achieve a nice balance in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    Me too.

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO HIT THE GUYS THAT ARE GETTING BIGGER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE IN THE FUTURE!!!

(Oops, I said that too loud didn't I
    I agree...If everyone remains "afraid" of NAR...the exact thing will happen post-reset

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT1976
    I agree...If everyone remains "afraid" of NAR...the exact thing will happen post-reset
    But that is kinda funny. That happens in real life too.
    That means that propaganda and all those things work(what wayward started here is a sort of propaganda too btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    But that is kinda funny. That happens in real life too.
    That means that propaganda and all those things work(what wayward started here is a sort of propaganda too btw).
    (Shh, don't tell anyone...!)

Pure propaganda and basic psychology at work. There's nothing like mob mentality crafted to your cause! At least I believe I've been honorable and not malicious about it in any way.

Very much like the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    2000 a day...wowsers...you know how many hours of jeweling I have to do to get that...

man o man..i need to get a bonus city

yea, havn't jeweled in months, only riyadh can support my lifestyle
    Never ever ever!

Then consider this: Tukamotton has had all 3 bonus cities for a long time.
    Yet I remain that by taking the bonus cities you wouldn't have cut the main source of income in the NAR.

well...24 hours into the fray...we still hold atlanta...we've hit a speed bump in riyhad....and NAR as a whole has gone from 504 million to 530 million......just my thought.....i went on vacation for a week and it took 6 days to pry atlanta out of my hands....tuks not on vacation..
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk
    forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com*

Now with CHAT function for the ultimate of insults.

Quote Originally Posted by brodie2219
    well...24 hours into the fray...we still hold atlanta...we've hit a speed bump in riyhad....
    NarCysts might have a good shot at Atlanta too if we weren't worried about actually being able to hold cities. It would be nice if we had an actual date on the reset so we could make that decision ....

Think about it, combined we have a much larger income then Tuk does. Even with the additional reinforcements we can sustain an strenuous attack longer. I just plowed through 80k NAR troops. It is hard to come by that many troops quickly unless you have massive savings.
    Last edited by Aodhan; 12-11-2005 at 04:09 AM.
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

It seems obvious maths to me, if we have 23 active members and you have possibly 50, you all collectively have double the resource collection than us. Therefore even if we have saved 1000s of geos, we WILL have to start dipping into them to hold that which we have fought so hard to control. City income is irrelevant because of troop costs. If you hold your resolve, you should win.......... One alliance CANNOT control the world. Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodhan
    Think about it, combined we have a much larger income then Tuk does. Even with the additional reinforcements we can sustain an strenuous attack longer. I just plowed through 80k NAR troops. It is hard to come by that many troops quickly unless you have massive savings.
    Right, so if the anti-nar pact succedes in this Atlanta front, NarCysts can drain whatever they try to throw at Riyhad and maybe by draining two fronts we can actually hold things. The Atlanta thing seems to be fizzling though

The non-nar people attacking me doesn't help a whole lot either ...