Thread: Assault option for armies...

Default Assault option for armies...

Hi all,

Currently when an army arrives at a city it waits outside until given order to attack. This can be good and bad, like my large army (that I just shelled out the rest of the bank for) was just killed not by attacking but by being attacked outside of a city. Travel times of 9 hours is really hard to schedule around and I can't always be here.

That being said would it be possible to set an army to automatically attack a city upon arrival, instead of waiting?

Thanks!

Aodhan
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Aodhan
    Hi all,

Currently when an army arrives at a city it waits outside until given order to attack. This can be good and bad, like my large army (that I just shelled out the rest of the bank for) was just killed not by attacking but by being attacked outside of a city. Travel times of 9 hours is really hard to schedule around and I can't always be here.

That being said would it be possible to set an army to automatically attack a city upon arrival, instead of waiting?

Thanks!

Aodhan
    This needs to go in feature suggestions.

That said, I disagree. Only because it takes some strategy away from the game.

Make an army and send it off. Go to work/school/governmenthandout and return and see how the attack went. If you can't wait for the arrival time and press attack, then don't send the army so far away, or send it to an ally's city and attack from there.... Also it takes away the use of defending an ally outside a city - unless you want to promote an allied defense of a city feature?

Personally I'm now waiting for the server change, then I'm going to rehash all the good ideas again!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!

We can garrison in ally cities?
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

No, but we should be able to ...... eventually