Thread: Nuke Balance

Default Nuke Balance

We all know there is a problem with nukes in the game. Specifically with shields. There is no balance with shields being permanent and only 250 geos.

If you have a city that is worth defending against a nuke, which means you have enough troops for it to be worth someone using a nuke against you, IE over 100000 troops, 250 geos is a pathetic joke compared to what it costs to make it worth nuking something. Kills balance, and strategy.

I propose that nuke shields should cost 100% of the income for a given city for a day, and last for exactly one day. It should not be cheap to defend against nuke attack. It should be bloody expensive and strategic. (I'd have to assume that this fictional shield technology ain't exactly cheap. This ain't Star Trek Wars)

What would then help the balance a bit more is the previously proposed ideas about Nukes having lasting effects on cities.

You should really have to sit down and think twice before either nuking, or defending against a nuke.

Lastly, if 1 day nuke shields are introduced, I think that this information should NOT be publicly displayed. When you go to nuke somewhere, you shouldn't know that it's shielded until your attack fails.

Add it all up, and I believe Nukes could actually become a viable part of the strategy of this game!

Talk amongst yourselves

1 day nuke shields are all fun, but then you'd need 12 hour nukes.

if i bought a nuke id just wait for that day to end wouldnt I? and with bonus cities (the only cities with enough armies to nuke) the city income is nothing (they are all 4 mill i believe). so you'd still have no use for nukes.
    Never ever ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    1 day nuke shields are all fun, but then you'd need 12 hour nukes.

if i bought a nuke id just wait for that day to end wouldnt I? and with bonus cities (the only cities with enough armies to nuke) the city income is nothing (they are all 4 mill i believe). so you'd still have no use for nukes.
    You could buy a shield every day if you wanted, but you'd have to pay every day.

Again, you wouldn't know when there even was a shield on a city, let alone when it was going to expire.

The only use for nukes _should_ be to wipe out huge armies at once.
    Any other scenario is, and should be, a total waste

if you send a nuke to a city and there are armies waiting outside of that city, do they die too?

speedfreak227

The armies outside of the city are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    The armies outside of the city are safe.
    Should they be? I'd suggest not.

i think armies standing outside a city at the time of a nuke should be killed too.

or lost 50 - 75% of their numbers anyways.

speedfreak227

Now, THAT would be cool. Nuke a city, and the armies outside are half-killed.

New York City, New York was nuked by His Lord Uberdude. tony_bennett lost the city. Five armies outside were killed. (49,000)
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by His Lord Uberdude
    Now, THAT would be cool. Nuke a city, and the armies outside are half-killed.

New York City, New York was nuked by His Lord Uberdude. tony_bennett lost the city. Five armies outside were killed. (49,000)

wow, that was my first simultaneous...........................post.

was it good for you too His Lord Uberdude?

speedfreak227

It's more fun when you beat the mods to a question about a jewel location.
    Ah, cheap thrills.

(I refuse to recognize the nastiness of your post)
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak227
    wow, that was my first simultaneous...........................post.

was it good for you too His Lord Uberdude?

speedfreak227
    It even was good for me to watch