Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Siege

Quote Originally Posted by Alimn
    This game is dead if NAR keeps dominating this way.
    A new player will soon figure out that it's impossible to beat the bank interest income of 100k in anyway.
    This game needs major fix.
    Things will change, but where is that 100k you are talking about?

This game is dead if NAR keeps dominating this way.
    that's what i'm telling since months too! the game will not gain (or better keep) any new players as long as there is such a dominating alliance. don't get me wrong traveler, i support your idea at max, but it's too late now to try to bring em down. i even think that it is not possible at all unless there is a reset because they have (at least some of them) too money now. there is no way (without cheating) to gain enough money to finish off what you started.

let's do better after the reset...

still it's very funny watching all this activity keep it on like that...

"Be assured. Atlanta is safe, protected"

Quote Originally Posted by bueth
    that's what i'm telling since months too! the game will not gain (or better keep) any new players as long as there is such a dominating alliance. don't get me wrong traveler, i support your idea at max, but it's too late now to try to bring em down. i even think that it is not possible at all unless there is a reset because they have (at least some of them) too money now. there is no way (without cheating) to gain enough money to finish off what you started.

let's do better after the reset...

still it's very funny watching all this activity keep it on like that...
    I have been told by insiders that this is not quite true.

We apparently are indeed on the right track, there just won't be enough time before reset to take NAR down.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnulletti

"Be assured. Atlanta is safe, protected"

HAHAHAAHHAA that is funny.

ps: A big alliance IS defeatable...i just don't know if it's possible so close to a reset.

When NAR dies another alliance will step up and do the same thing. Then another alliance will build their armies for a few days and have a stab at world domination. It's a never ending cycle.

That being said I think the Anti-NAR Pact should change its name to League of Shadows. That fits our agenda better and is more suited for when NAR will fall
    Aodhan: Lord of Guts and Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    Things will change, but where is that 100k you are talking about?
    if play from last reset, 30k. 4 people* 30k > 100K.
    100k * 3.75% per day > 3K per day

please note that this income will increase exponentially.

and all the other income are just limited rate, including jewel mining.

Sooner or later the bank interest will dominate this game, and of course, there is no way for new players to beat this resource.

alimn, be assured, we're all thinking about limiting alliances, and the saving up geo's until you get infinite interest.

limiting alliances will ofcourse enforce itself eventually, just as you're doing now, and i'm trying to enforce it from inside the NAR as well (NAR is closed ).

And luke will throw in some new things to stop people from saving up too much.
    Never ever ever!

if play from last reset, 30k. 4 people* 30k > 100K.
    100k * 3.75% per day > 3K per day

please note that this income will increase exponentially.

and all the other income are just limited rate, including jewel mining.

Sooner or later the bank interest will dominate this game, and of course, there is no way for new players to beat this resource.

I'm not allowed to name how much it really is...but you're FAAAAAR from it.
    You forgot something in your calculation and that is that almost every geo is invested in armies and how much they have been under attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    alimn, be assured, we're all thinking about limiting alliances, and the saving up geo's until you get infinite interest.

limiting alliances will ofcourse enforce itself eventually, just as you're doing now, and i'm trying to enforce it from inside the NAR as well (NAR is closed ).

And luke will throw in some new things to stop people from saving up too much.
    Yes thought about it...but limiting alliances would only work in the interest of big alliances...they'd just make seperate cells and talk over their secret forums.
    One bug will be fixed and that will make it much harder on the big guys, just like Mickey intended it too.

Yes thought about it...but limiting alliances would only work in the interest of big alliances...they'd just make seperate cells and talk over their secret forums.
    One bug will be fixed and that will make it much harder on the big guys, just like Mickey intended it too.
    Ahh, so it's based on a bug. That helps.
    I know that army fees aren't subtracted properly, maybe I haven't figured out how that can be used to _make_ money?

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardTraveller
    Ahh, so it's based on a bug. That helps.
    I know that army fees aren't subtracted properly, maybe I haven't figured out how that can be used to _make_ money?
    Clever
    It's also not cheating because Mickey knows about it.

Clever
    It's also not cheating because Mickey knows about it.
    Well, and if it's a side effect of a basic mechanic of the game, it's certainly not cheating, it's a bug, and obviously a well known and about to be fixed one so it doesn't matter in the long run.

i thought this was well known on the forums?

troops dont cost you money, they give you money.
    Never ever ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetie
    i thought this was well known on the forums?

troops dont cost you money, they give you money.
    No, I don't think it is that well known at all actually.

I suspected, but had never done the math to figure out whether my city income was inflated or not.

So, anyways, this totally reaffirms my strategy, just for a different reason. Kill 2 birds with one stone

The only way to take out NAR at the moment is to take out their armies! Which means taking out Tuk's armies. Which means continuing to lay siege to Atlanta and Cape Town.

Which means there isn't enough time before reset to win, but what the hay, we are making progress!

Knowing all of this, and knowing what's going on, maybe the powers that be could think of levelling the playing field a bit till reset by giving everyone a nice chunk of geos, and we can fight it out for a couple of days before reset?