Thread: Different G-eath versions...

Default Different G-eath versions...

Does anyone here have any first hand experiance with any of the other versions besides the free one?
    Specificlly are the maps any better? I see it says you can print higher resolution images, then it states better then screen resolution...

What does that mean? Are some of the maps better in the pro version then in the standard free one? Are they holding out sections of good images for the paying customers?

Personally I don't have a GPS, nor do I ever print images, also I don't have any need to draw on my map, I'm mainly conserned about the image quality/resolution while being viewed on screen.

Would I be disapointed if I upgraded?

-Gehan G.

Hi!

you can read about the differences in the programs here;http://earth.google.com/products.html

so far the only advantages GE Plus offers is better printing res, GPS, drawing tools and the ability to switch off the ads (that I'm yet to see, anyway).. the GE imagery data is the same across all 3 verions, they share a database - so yes, if thats all you are looking for there's no need to upgrade

T.

hmm.. ok thanks for the info, like I said I don't really want anything else so I won't look in to upgrading until I have a need for any of these mentioned features....
    Any one have any idea what they mean by higher printing res., I guess I should say how they go about accomplishing that?

That one kind of confuses me because as far as I know when you save an image to your hard drive the resolution "is" already set. I don't see how you could print at a higher resolution then the file is?

If you follow my drift...

Quote Originally Posted by gehang
    hmm.. ok thanks for the info, like I said I don't really want anything else so I won't look in to upgrading until I have a need for any of these mentioned features....
    Any one have any idea what they mean by higher printing res., I guess I should say how they go about accomplishing that?

That one kind of confuses me because as far as I know when you save an image to your hard drive the resolution "is" already set. I don't see how you could print at a higher resolution then the file is?

If you follow my drift...
    Very simple, the free version saves images only in the same resolution as the screen resolution, the paid versions allow saving in higher resolution.

Stadsman

"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
    -- Steven Wright