Thread: Why the rejection ?

Default Why the rejection ?

I submited a file called "350 Chateaux de France", with no description.

You rejected it with the comment "Awesome work, but poor description. Please give us some more infos and resubmit"

I don't believe in descriptions where the title is self-explanatory and, I believe, sufficiently enticing.

What did you have in mind, outside of just frustrating me?

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

I denied it because the description
    "Additions and corrections are welcome."
    is a little bit poor. In the submission of the departements of France you did it better. Just explain what the user can expect if he/she downloads your file.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Default 2nd try on chateaus

I have removed the invitation to submit additions, corrections, etc., which you said sounded "poor". While I do not understand your comment, I have complied.

I believe the file title says it all, so I could not think of any description which would not insult the readers. Since your software assumes the title can't be enough and requires a description, I added "chateaus by department."

Your software also does not permit the editting of a rejected submission, so I hope you don't reject folks' entries too much. It could become a disincentive to using this web site. Your site attracts more downloads per file than does Keyboard's, but it must be easy to use.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Why does it hurt you writing one or two sentences with a brief description what the file contains? There are users outside there probably don't know and gather informations by the description.
    Btw, the name and the description must be in English, both are in French now. I am gonna change it, but please keep it in mind!

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine