Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Circular object in sea

Default Circular object in sea

Strange object apparently on the surface of the water 300 yds off the California coast. It's about 40 ft in diameter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

The UFO's have landed! Help Were all going to die

Thumbs up

AAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Giant Jellyfish

Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

And there was me thinking it was just a frisbee. What would I do without you guys?
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Talking

I don't know about you, but I have NEVER seen a 12 meter frisbee. Although it would be funny to see a dog try to catch one.
    Last edited by BradG7; 01-16-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

Default try Bouy

Not really. The one indicated in the link you supplied is at 34.45 N 120.78 W, mine is at 34.13N 119.15W i.e. nearly 100 miles away. Besides, buoys aren't normally 40ft across are they? It has the appearance of a flat raised round platform, not normally the shape you'd expect of a buoy.

This doesn't explain what they are but it appears they are the same thing. They could be bollards for tying up to.
    Last edited by Ahay; 01-17-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahay
    This doesn't explain what they are but it appears they are the same thing. They could be bollards for tying up to.
    No, these don't look the same. The OP was more round, and over 40 feet across. Your finds roughly octagonal, and only around 25 ft.

There's another one about a mile down the beach...but there's something weird here. Take a close look at them both, side-by-side...

circles.jpg

They're identical. Not just the circles either, but every wave and blemish..every little white mark is in the exact same place both on and near the circles.

-edit-
    Actually, if you zoom out to 2000ft, a whole lot is the same. The beach has been photoshopped!? Is this a common thing to find in GE?
    Last edited by cermo; 01-18-2006 at 04:56 AM.

They're not only the same size, but the same distance off the beach (around 175m from the breaking waves). There is also a power plant near the southern object, and the outfall from it would be carried by the tide (going by the wave patterns) up the coastline to Ventura, etc, so I wonder if these two objects are some kind of sensors used by the EPA to monitor the pollution levels from that plant.
    Is it better to be told to "Have a Nice Day" by someone who doesn't mean it, or to be told to "Eff-OFF" by someone who does?

I was prepared to believe it was some kind of mooring bollard, as Ahay suggested. There are two naval bases close to Oxnard apparently. However, it seems very strange that there are two of these objects almost a mile apart and that the sea around them is exactly the same, not just similar. I now suspect that one of these (or maybe both) have been Photoshopped to obscure something else. And if that's true, how many other times does this happen on GE?

It happens again a little bit south, two identical waves near the waterline.

I wouldn't be surprised to find a patch job at a spot where the edges of two shots meet, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. It's like they just artificially grafted the waterline on.

As for the circle (if it's even really there), I thought it might be a concrete foundation for some past or future structure to sit on top of.

I agree something looks fishy. As luck would have it there is lots of info about this site on the net. I am having trouble posting the link to a site that may help clear up the mystery, so Google California Coastal Project and search Mandalay. If it works you should see plenty of pictures of this area. Although none apear to extend far enough into the water perhaps someone else will catch something. Also try GeoStats info and TerraServer.

Also look at these. Possible but odd.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: kmz 1.kmz (431 Bytes, 479 views)
    • File Type: kmz 2.kmz (434 Bytes, 395 views)
    • File Type: kmz 3.kmz (442 Bytes, 520 views)
    Last edited by Ahay; 01-18-2006 at 04:52 PM.

The thing with the plane actually happens a lot. The plane happens to be travelling the same path that the satellite is snapping pictures on...basically...I'm sure there's a more elegantly worded technical explaination somewhere in the forums. Cool shots though, especially #3.