Thread: Brazilian tourist attractions

Default Brazilian tourist attractions

I've uploaded some brazilian tourist attractions to googleearthhacks.com. I hope you like it !

Rio de Janeiro is in high resolution ! Just Great to look at !

Good stuff! I just added thumbnails for your links and approved them all. Two things to note, though:

- One, please upload the files directly to our site. I realize this will cost us more bandwidth, but it also assures us that the files will always be there. If they're hosted on a different server, that server may move/delete them and then we'll have broken links. I don't want to have to worry about keeping up with that. When you're adding the description for your files, simply check the "Upload File?" box (just above the "download locations") and then choose "Add" at the very bottom. Another screen will come up and prompt you to upload your file.

- Two, please upload the raw .kml file instead of having it zipped up. I realize that zipped files offer some advantages, but it's much easier on the end user if it's just a .kml file. That way, they can click on the download link, open the file, and Google will fly them to the location. Adding in the unzip step may confuse novices, and it's an extra (unnecessary) step for everyone.

Again, thanks for sending in those files - they look awesome! I hadn't been to Rio yet in GE, so it was nice to get a good look around.

Mickey

Hi michey,

Thanks for you comments
    I tried to upload the files to the site but they're not accepted. I really don't no what is the problem. If you want I can send the files to you (by email) and then you can upload them to the server.

My email is: luizjb@hotmail.com

Se ya.

Quote Originally Posted by luizjb
    Hi michey,

Thanks for you comments
    I tried to upload the files to the site but they're not accepted. I really don't no what is the problem. If you want I can send the files to you (by email) and then you can upload them to the server.

My email is: luizjb@hotmail.com

Se ya.
    Hmm, that's odd. Regardless, early next week I'm going to be changing the system over to something a bit more user-friendly, so let's just wait until then. Thanks again for your contributions!

I'm closing this thread, as we're on the new system and you've apparently had no trouble uploading files on it.

Mickey