Thread: Dirty Harry - 1971 - Movie Locations discussion

Default Dirty Harry - 1971 - Movie Locations discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Dirty Harry - 1971 - Movie Locations

Here is a pretty extensive collection of locations used in the first movie about the legendary San Francisco Police Inspector played by Clint Eastwood.

Cool. There was a "Bullett" article in the local paper - the Chronicle - a couple of years ago showing shot for shot where the chase scene was filmed - the "over the hill and in the air" shot happened a block or two from where I live.

And just down from where I work is the McDonalds at Townsend and 3rd, in a previous incarnation as Burger Island the "Make My Day" scene from Sudden Impace was filmed - see attached.

I can date this image to two summers ago - the buildings under construction across the street are now a Borders and a Safeway.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kdt; 01-20-2006 at 12:23 AM.

That's great!! I always thought the place from Sudden Impact was further south on 3rd. I saw something a couple years ago on the net that gave the location of some of the not so obvious Santa Cruz locations, like the house where Sondra Locke's character live and soforth but I can't find it agan.