Thread: 2.5MB is borderline too small

Lightbulb 2.5MB is borderline too small

I have made a few overlays using orthophotos from the NZ govt's LINZ website.

Unfortunately, once I add more than one 2048x2048 block (they're that size to appease video cards) the file size tends to exceed 2.5MB.

On another note, I have had a file rejected with the comment saying "Empty/corrupt file, the overlay is too big (max 2,5 MB)". The file is only 2.1MB, so is it safe to assume that there is a problem with using HTTP POST to send such large files?

Shall I just keep trying?

The KMZ files can be downloaded from my website http://www.girlza.com/wiki/Google_Earth and I'd be happy for them to all be placed on GEH under my name. (Since I don't have much bandwidth!)

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Mickey has to answer the question, what the problem is with large files, but I denied your files because nothing was downloaded and nothing was seen so I assumed, the overlay is too big.
    Try to resize the image or link it to an image host.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Okay then,

I hope you don't mind if I try to upload them again at some stage. The files do actually work, but I think sending large files upstream via HTTP is not that reliable, so it gets truncated.

Thanks,
    Tristan