Thread: Tanegashima Space Centre discussion

Default Tanegashima Space Centre discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Tanegashima Space Centre

The Tanegashima Space Centre (TNSC) was established in 1969, when the original National Space Development Agency of Japan (NASDA) was formed. It is the largest space-development facility in Japan (8,600,000 square meters) and is located in the south of Kagoshima Prefecture, along the southeast coast of Tanegashima. It is known as the most beautiful rocket-launch complex in the world.

On-site facilities include the Takesaki Range (for small rockets), the Osaki Range (for J-I and H-IIA launch vehicles), the Masuda Tracking and Communication Station, the Nogi Radar Station, the Uchugaoka Radar Station, and optical observation facilities to the west. There are also related developmental facilities for test firings of liquid and solid-fuel rocket engines.

The TNSC’s main role is the management of satellites at every stage of flight including countdown, launching, and tracking. The TNSC is expected to play an increasingly important role as the demand for satellites grows.

Hum,
    can someone check if the link works?

The link is for the webcam
    http://space.jaxa.jp/TnscTV/tnscnow01.jpg

I think i`m having problems with my version of google earth or my IE7 beta browser....so that the links don`t work...(it adds extra characters to the link)

If there is a problem can someone fix it for me?

BTW, the rocket on the pad is the Japanese H-2A rocket with the Multi-functional Transport Satellite-2 (MTSAT-2), that has been scheduled to launch at 06:26-07:44 GMT (1:26-2:44 a.m. EST) (3:26 - 4:44 p.m. JST.) on February 18th, 2006

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Consider it done, it has nothing to do with IE7beta.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine